Add on nv kits for non px scopes

strimmer_13

Quick question 

Ive a job to do, and ideally need nv. The farmer has been up in his truck letting rip at the rabbits with his 12bore and lamp, so they don't hang around anymore. 

Ive a pcp (fx), but a non px adjustable scope on top (standard 3-9x40), can i put a nv add on kit on top as all i seem to read about is needing to adjust px to get a sharp picture. Max range will be 40 yards, and its a airgun scope anyway with px set at roughly 35 yards. Dont really want the expense of having to buy another scope. 

Matt 

14 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Quick question 

Ive a job to do, and ideally need nv. The farmer has been up in his truck letting rip at the rabbits with his 12bore and lamp, so they don't hang around anymore. 

Ive a pcp (fx), but a non px adjustable scope on top (standard 3-9x40), can i put a nv add on kit on top as all i seem to read about is needing to adjust px to get a sharp picture. Max range will be 40 yards, and its a airgun scope anyway with px set at roughly 35 yards. Dont really want the expense of having to buy another scope. 

Matt 

hello, they can work with non AO i would get the NV and try first, what NV add on are you looking at ? DIY made or ?? if your going to buy a ready kit Matt give me a pm, i had one made to my own design, i can let you know details if required, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

You might find you need to reparrelax your scope to about half what it usually is .i often find that when i have an add on nv uo the back of my day scope .to get a clear picture at say 40 yds i have to adjust the front parrelax to around 20 yds .I dont know why it does this .but 3 of my scope are like this .

So if your gonna be taking shots around 30 yds you may need a 15 ish yrd px day setting .

As said above try it and experimemt .

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, they can work with non AO i would get the NV and try first, what NV add on are you looking at ? DIY made or ?? 

You see loads of DIY for sale on here. Don't want anything to expensive as it's for this 1 job, other wise I'd get a photon or some such. Cant justify 200+ quid to shoot 20 odd rabbits. Unless this chicken farm I know gets back to me and I'll be into rat Central. 

7 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

A lot of add on NV kits/scopes can be used with non PA scopes. For instance, my PARD 007 has been used with a non PA scope. The reticule can be seen clear enough to indentify the target.(rabbit) It's not as sharp as with a PA scope, but good enough.

Sweet, thanks

8 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

You might find you need to reparrelax your scope to about half what it usually is .i often find that when i have an add on nv uo the back of my day scope .to get a clear picture at say 40 yds i have to adjust the front parrelax to around 20 yds .I dont know why it does this .but 3 of my scope are like this .

So if your gonna be taking shots around 30 yds you may need a 15 ish yrd px day setting .

As said above try it and experimemt .

Point taken, ill get one and adjust the px as you explained how to do in a thread a while back if needed. 

Thanks for the advice everybody