Never tell me its impossible

A quick video that  Pavel and myself put together at Atkin Grant and Lang, targets were a fast away bird and a close crow. Somehow the last time we were there we both struggled ( with O/U shotguns even) yet this time with a Mossberg pump i actually found it easy - thanks to Pavel for being such a good sport and letting me put this video up :)

Can you believe that we had 1 gentleman even tell us to "get a proper gun" ? why on earth are pump actions so maligned ? semi auto's seem to be gaining acceptance as people who were against them realize they themselves need a semi auto for health reasons. Pumps on the other hand seem to be considered instruments of the devil at all times. Anyway this was 1 person at an incredibly friendly clay ground ( 1st time this has ever happened here)  - if you are in the area AGL is of the best grounds I have ever shot at https://www.agl-uk.com/

That was some fine shooting.

Having owned a large amount of guns of different styles over the years , I never mastered any of the pumps I owned, all being sold or passed on after a short time.
There was something about the racking for the second, or third shot that defeated me and I did really try.
I found it difficult with the gun still mounted, but messed it up if I tried to lower the gun, even slightly.
Very poor coordination.
I have friends that can get two shots off using a pump, as quick as two shots off using any other configuration.

Not me, but I did like the sound of the racking, perhaps its the Dirty Harry in me.😉

mb