why do people hate pumps so much

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

The one thing that annoys me at clay grounds. The only thing really.  Is people ejecting their carts into the floor and then leaving them there. 

It's a minor thing I know but when there's a bin right in front of you its really no trouble to eject them into your hand and put them in it. Or pick them up if you've a semi or pump. 

I went yesterday for a quick round and watched 4 guns in front shoot. 3 did the decent thing, the 4th just opened her gun and let them fall all over the place. This repeated every stand. She was a good shot too, dressed in all the gear, clearly had been plenty of times, just rude or lazy I guess. I then cant help but wonder if they throw drink cans out of car windows or leave rubbish on the floor when they go out. I suspect they do. 

it depends on where you are used to shooting. At a clay ground you put them in the bin, at a shooting school you let them eject where ever they go and someone else picks them up. I was shooting at H&H last year and was told very politely to stop catching the cartridges and just let them eject :)  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

The one thing that annoys me at clay grounds. The only thing really.  Is people ejecting their carts into the floor and then leaving them there. 

It's a minor thing I know but when there's a bin right in front of you its really no trouble to eject them into your hand and put them in it. Or pick them up if you've a semi or pump. 

I went yesterday for a quick round and watched 4 guns in front shoot. 3 did the decent thing, the 4th just opened her gun and let them fall all over the place. This repeated every stand. She was a good shot too, dressed in all the gear, clearly had been plenty of times, just rude or lazy I guess. I then cant help but wonder if they throw drink cans out of car windows or leave rubbish on the floor when they go out. I suspect they do. 

Why do they always put the bins in front of the stand ? 

Most of the guns I’ve seen eject to the back or the side 

17 hours ago, London Best said:

Why do clay shooters not buy non-ejector guns? 

They don’t need ejectors.

Or Buy a Baikal (off Wabbitbosher) you can turn the ejectors off. It's weird this feature isn't more normal.

My AYA is non ejector but on Sunday I had a go with a friends new Beretta , I found I could eject the cases onto my son who was scoring behind me DOUBLE THE FUN!!

For anyone using their AyA SbS ejectors, (unless they have some particular peculiar model) and would prefer it if it was non ejector when on the clays, there is a simple modification which enables the gun to be switched from one to t'other in seconds. Anyone familiar with  GT will know what I'm on about.

16 minutes ago, klatuveradanikto said:

Occasionally I empt the cabinet and take my O/U, SXS, SEMI AUTO, DOUBLE AUTO, PUMP ACTION, BOLT ACTION, AND MARTINI HENRY ACTION.down to the clay ground never had any problems with 3rd parties, if anything the eclectic mix starts great conversations. 

I do this. I’ll often take 6 or 7 guns to clay ground and have a play with them all. My martini kicks like a mule though.

I absolutely adore my pumps.

I watched a guy shooting yesterday, after each 2 shots he proceeded to wave the gun around in his efforts to eject the empties into the bin. I wondered what he did if he only fired 1 barrel  ?

He did very well though,  managing all 6 empties straight into the bin. Just a shame that he did not put the same effort into his shooting really  !