Hodnet English open

figgy

Not seen anything on here about the recent shoot over this last week at West Must Shooting Ground.

Surely some members on here shot it.

Read a few reports on shootclay. 

New trap that throws clays down from a lift or high ground with steep slope. Sounds interesting and caught lots out. 

Unfortunately I couldn’t go this year which was a pity, Hodnet is a great ground and always an enjoyable test.

From the folks that i know that went they all enjoyed it, but the Scottish contingent didn’t get it together this year and many scored well below where they could have.

Stand 15 sounded fun.  At the world fitasc in 2016 they had 2 targets that were being thrown down a vertical cliff face and they were epic, so the one off the hoist at the EO going through open sky with no background to help judge line and speed must have been proper tasty.

Edited by grrclark

We shot it saturday, was very good, typical of the ilk, nothing you should miss on most of the stands but plenty of zeros on most cards, the killer was right at the end but managed to entertain even those who blanked it, wife broke her ankle walking back to the car tho.

17 hours ago, Rupert said:

We shot it saturday, was very good, typical of the ilk, nothing you should miss on most of the stands but plenty of zeros on most cards, the killer was right at the end but managed to entertain even those who blanked it, wife broke her ankle walking back to the car tho.

What a horrible thing to happen for her, hopefully nothing severe and she is on the mend quickly.

On 27/05/2019 at 10:47, figgy said:

Not seen anything on here about the recent shoot over this last week at West Must Shooting Ground.

Surely some members on here shot it.

Read a few reports on shootclay. 

New trap that throws clays down from a lift or high ground with steep slope. Sounds interesting and caught lots out. 

Friends shot it and all the scores were well below their averages.  I couldn't make this year or last year. Great ground and the comment of enjoying it and smiling g even when you get your rear spanked on a stand is true. You never think the targets are silly hard you just think great targets and presentation, it just beat me. Now that to me is a fantastic course setter.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

Friends shot it and all the scores were well below their averages.  I couldn't make this year or last year. Great ground and the comment of enjoying it and smiling g even when you get your rear spanked on a stand is true. You never think the targets are silly hard you just think great targets and presentation, it just beat me. Now that to me is a fantastic course setter.

Apart from stand 15 all the folk i know there also dropped targets over different stands, there wasn’t just one stinker.

That says to me there is a bit of variation in target types that suit some more than others and vice versa, so a good balanced course.

Grclarke 

We have found when we go south the targets are different to what were used to.

My local ground holds some big English Sporting comps and the southerners say the same, our targets are different.

It's what catches us out.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Grclarke 

We have found when we go south the targets are different to what were used to.

My local ground holds some big English Sporting comps and the southerners say the same, our targets are different.

It's what catches us out.

That’s the fun of going somewhere different.

3 hours ago, Rupert said:

Thanks, a bad break but she is on the mend, and doing my head in.

Haha, I hope you have told her....it’s ONLY a broken ankle, but your whinging !!!