Anschutz Badged Miroku.

lancer425

I an looking for  another Miroku and have been offered VIA a mate a Anschutz  badged Miroku , typical game gun config and 1/4 3/4 choking.

1. what model Miroku  were these usually based on .?

2. did Anschutz buy these guns in Fully assembled from miroku , or did they get them in the white and Finish and  stock them themselves.?

Edited by lancer425

Never come across this .If they bought barreled actions off Miroku then they would all be the same basic action but which model range is the question . Without further details possibly a photo or two it is impossible to say  .What proof marks does it have ,its age etc all have to be considered .I think you would be advised to have the gun carefully assessed before you consider purchase .

PS.

I have just done aquick internet search for these and it would seem these are Miroku's marketed by Anschutz . They look to be  ORE's so they are older guns , spares , no matter what people tell you you can get from the States  will be in short supply and if it is the V spring action expensive to replace . Solidly made guns but need to be very reasonably priced  INHO as a result

Edited by Gunman

3 hours ago, Gunman said:

Never come across this .If they bought barreled actions off Miroku then they would all be the same basic action but which model range is the question . Without further details possibly a photo or two it is impossible to say  .What proof marks does it have ,its age etc all have to be considered .I think you would be advised to have the gun carefully assessed before you consider purchase .

PS.

I have just done aquick internet search for these and it would seem these are Miroku's marketed by Anschutz . They look to be  ORE's so they are older guns , spares , no matter what people tell you you can get from the States  will be in short supply and if it is the V spring action expensive to replace . Solidly made guns but need to be very reasonably priced  INHO as a result

Cheers gunman, i have not seen it yet  but mate has had it about two years bought for next to nothing off an old beating lad who was trimming his flock. It is supposedly good wood no chamber or barrel pitting  no dents its tight as a drum,  feels "NEW tight "when opened, and apart from a couple of bloody finger print bluing marks it Sounds good . £150 what he paid for it, its mine for same money.  I am going to get it next weekend. I know what your saying on the v springs but i think at that money i am up for a bit of a gamble. Thanks for the advice.

3 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Cheers gunman, i have not seen it yet  but mate has had it about two years bought for next to nothing off an old beating lad who was trimming his flock. It is supposedly good wood no chamber or barrel pitting  no dents its tight as a drum,  feels "NEW tight "when opened, and apart from a couple of bloody finger print bluing marks it Sounds good . £150 what he paid for it, its mine for same money.  I am going to get it next weekend. I know what your saying on the v springs but i think at that money i am up for a bit of a gamble. Thanks for the advice.

At £150 you cant really go wrong .

46 minutes ago, Gunman said:

At £150 you cant really go wrong .

Mate got it never used it just sat there, i never seen it but heard him mention it i asked the question and he offered me it at cost i agreed.  ive always been a browning / miroku fan Have had a few in the past, one a 7000 game gun i should never have sold, but thats the way with many guns.

Just as a precaution,,is it UK proofed and stamped as such? I only ask because I has some issues with a Remington 1100 I bought which had come into the UK via an American serviceman and wasn't proofed. It had been sold though a couple of dealers before I got it and there was a degree of red faced foot shuffling as we sorted it out!

2 hours ago, Velocette said:

Just as a precaution,,is it UK proofed and stamped as such? I only ask because I has some issues with a Remington 1100 I bought which had come into the UK via an American serviceman and wasn't proofed. It had been sold though a couple of dealers before I got it and there was a degree of red faced foot shuffling as we sorted it out!

:good: Good call and you are right, but i already asked this gun is BNP stamped.  I bought an LC Smith 10 bore years ago from an American pilot, Got it on RFD and had it re proofed in Birmingham . American guns as far as i know are just proved in house the factories prove them.  Lots of Remingtons in the late 70s 80s seem to have german prof marks think some big importer must buy them in and sell to hull cartridfe over here. my 1187 about 1990 had the cGerman marks with a circle/ oval  and REP stamped in it not sure what the meant but i remember it clear as day that gun came to me via Hull Cartridge long before Edgars got remington. .