Hull Pro One alternatives

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, sounds like your very new to shooting, but like many on here with years of experience even myself after more than 50 years there is always something new to learn,  you mention to punchy and flinching, can i ask what gun you are shooting with, many of us on PW know that it is best to cure a habit before it becomes routine, 

Sorry I’ve given the wrong impression, I’ve been clay shooting for nearly 40 years and have had a flinch on and off for more than 30. I’ve owned most makes of gun Beretta, Browning, Miroku, Benelli, Krieghoff, Caesar Guerini, Renata Gamba, and Perazzi. I’ve had guns properly fitted and even seen a sports psychologist but although lessened with proper fit and smooth cartridges has never gone away whatever gun I shoot with. Currently shooting a Perazzi MX8 Sporter with montecarlo stock, 32” , weight 8lb 10ozs

I’m an A class sporting shooter and on a typical 100 bird shoot I can have on average 3 flinches, sometimes it costs me the target sometimes not, I can sometimes still get it at extreme range. Sometimes I can have 5/6 or more sometime none at all. Most frustrating!

So when I re came across Pro Ones I know a good cartridge when I shoot it but put off by the price so hence the original question is there anything out there which is a direct alternative at a better price?

So what's causing you people to flinch????? I've been shooting for 30 years and never had a problem. Currently using Cheddite Universal Trap - work well in my over under and auto and £210 per thousand for fibre. (I didnt say "only" as I remember buying cartridges at £80 per thousand!!!!)

Lever357

Flinching is accumulative effect to your body from recoil,your brain gets to the point of not obeying your command to pull the trigger to save your body from the recoil and it's affects.

Softer carts a softer recoing pads also softer gun to shoot like a gas operated semi auto and release triggers can help with it.

I thought I was suffering from it due to past shoulder damage but I found its me not fully releasing the trigger to reset for second shot.

Edited by figgy

On 29/05/2019 at 21:38, buze said:

Just try CompX 28g. it's the softest cartridge on the market. It's softer than pretty much all 24g I tried, and only beaten by ... CompX 21g.

Another vote for CompX.  May not be the most 'fancy' cartridge, but sensibly priced and does the job smoothly for me.  Give a couple of boxes a try.

Flinch is a strange affliction.  For me, heavy or 'draggy' trigger pull brings it on, but that is very unlikely for you given the guns you have had.

13 hours ago, chesterse said:

Sorry I’ve given the wrong impression, I’ve been clay shooting for nearly 40 years and have had a flinch on and off for more than 30. I’ve owned most makes of gun Beretta, Browning, Miroku, Benelli, Krieghoff, Caesar Guerini, Renata Gamba, and Perazzi. I’ve had guns properly fitted and even seen a sports psychologist but although lessened with proper fit and smooth cartridges has never gone away whatever gun I shoot with. Currently shooting a Perazzi MX8 Sporter with montecarlo stock, 32” , weight 8lb 10ozs

I’m an A class sporting shooter and on a typical 100 bird shoot I can have on average 3 flinches, sometimes it costs me the target sometimes not, I can sometimes still get it at extreme range. Sometimes I can have 5/6 or more sometime none at all. Most frustrating!

So when I re came across Pro Ones I know a good cartridge when I shoot it but put off by the price so hence the original question is there anything out there which is a direct alternative at a better price?

hello, ok  it seems you have done everything you can to sort this out with just advice on a similar cartridge,    am not a clay shooter now but there are quite a few recommendations and can only  wish you good luck,