Michael Gove to offer FREE BRITISH PASSPORTS to 3 Million E U Nationals

oldypigeonpopper

hello, with reference to the above, is that another way to get more Conservative votes if we have another General Election, looks like the G L Licences are way down the order of important issues, i think the better way is these 3 million pay for their own passport and the tax payers money put to better use like the NHS, 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, with reference to the above, is that another way to get more Conservative votes if we have another General Election, looks like the G L Licences are way down the order of important issues, i think the better way is these 3 million pay for their own passport and the tax payers money put to better use like the NHS, 

He' s not offered EU citizens free passports. I'd check your source material again.

24 minutes ago, toontastic said:

He' s not offered EU citizens free passports. I'd check your source material again.

The 1st rule of pigeon watch fight club is; You do not use facts when a good rant is in going on!

The 2nd rule of pigeon watch fight club is; You do not use facts when a good rant is in going on!

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

No, they might have to pay for their own passport, but dont hold your breath on that one.

Its the £1300 naturalisation fee he is offering free, on our behalf, how kind.

Michael Gove would offer European nationals living in the UK the chance to become British citizens at no cost if he becomes prime minister.

The environment secretary, who threw his hat into the ring for the Tory leadership at the weekend, will make the offer to EU nationals who were living in the UK at the time of the June 2016 referendum.

The £1,330 naturalisation fee would be waived as a gesture of goodwill, his aides confirmed to Sky News.

hello, it was on the sky news web site and put just like the heading, am i prone to reading fake news 

3 hours ago, toontastic said:

Tamara Cohen wrote the article, 

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, it was on the sky news web site and put just like the heading, am i prone to reading fake news 

maybe someone can put a link up?

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not sure i like any of them to be honest. Rory sounds the part but can't see him staying the course. Too honest?

Honest , articulate, a good bloke, in a different world , hed make a good PM.
But hes also a remainer at heart, we dont need another May.

https://news.sky.com/story/michael-gove-to-offer-three-million-eu-nationals-free-british-passports-11729757

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

maybe someone can put a link up?

It's posted above. Sky chose to mislead it's readers. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

hello, ok thanks for that, but i would not put it past the Conservatives to do this before the next general election

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Not sure i like any of them to be honest. Rory sounds the part but can't see him staying the course. Too honest?

Rory, don't make me laugh.

Did an excellent job sorting out the MOJ, not.

Was it not he who stated if l've not sorted the problems in a year l'll resign, yep resigned only to be given another post to xxxx up/

OK! so now FOR THE FIRST TIME they are openly admitting we have three million EU Nationals in the UK. They have always only admitted to about a third of that number.

That's the big story, not a load of attention grabbing by Gove who knows he is not a contender anyway 

21 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

OK! so now FOR THE FIRST TIME they are openly admitting we have three million EU Nationals in the UK. They have always only admitted to about a third of that number.

That's the big story, not a load of attention grabbing by Gove who knows he is not a contender anyway 

Testicles, ONS from 2014 just shy of 3 mil then, but please don`t let statistics stop you from venting your spleen.