just starting out reloading

Good morning.

I have just started Reloading and was looking for a little advice, I am based in Bromsgrove Worcestershire. Could someone tell me the nearest outlet to me, which stocks CSB5 powder,as I dont want to pay the expensive courier costs.

I have " Bromsgrove Shooting supplies " on my door step, but they only stock RED Dot and that is twice the price of CSB5. 

any help would be much appreciated 

51 minutes ago, MacSxS said:

Good morning.

I have just started Reloading and was looking for a little advice, I am based in Bromsgrove Worcestershire. Could someone tell me the nearest outlet to me, which stocks CSB5 powder,as I dont want to pay the expensive courier costs.

I have " Bromsgrove Shooting supplies " on my door step, but they only stock RED Dot and that is twice the price of CSB5. 

any help would be much appreciated 

Claygame is closer than folkstone Engineering. Claygame probably your best bet.  ,

Guest cookoff013

hey, mac.

csb5 is a fine powder to use.

if you were inclined, you could wait until the game fair, pay £20 to get in and pick up powder there. i did this a few years ago. 

or, if you know a guy "local" who is going there ask them to "do you a solid", these are very economical options. if powder becomes such an issue (yeah, it will).

as for hazmat purchases, you could ask BSS to recieve your package, if they are friendly enough. id doesnt get over the cost, but they would be open to recieve package.

as i`ve reloaded, some weirdo loads, my local "shop keep" loved my reloads, and are open to me/ my developmental loads. 

https://www.hartleburyshooting.co.uk/reloading-powders
they may have them

My advice to you is start out loading whatever powders you can get hold of for now and worry about the rest as time progresses. Its all about gaining experience ATM. OK the powder is not as cheap but its still powder and there are lots of other dealers near you to explore. plus you are very well located for shows, and game fairs. A tub of powder goes nowhere so you aren't going to be buying just one tub at a time, then the carriage, or the drive situation, looks better when buying in bulk. Plus shot, wads etc at the same time.

Nobody said reloading would be cheaper, its about a more fulfilling experience, hold that thought.

Plus, living where you do its close to perfect, for heaven sake join the Wedgenock club and get some really different (but fun) shooting experiences plus you get to network with a lot of useful people. Living where you do you would be crazy not to.. 

Edited by Vince Green

cheers guys for all the advice 

18 hours ago, snow white said:

No mate they said when I want powder and they are coming up to the midlands they would drop it of at my sons house.

i will give Clay and Game a ring to find out when they are next driving down the M5. 

Another reason I don't want to use RED DOT is that I intend to Load Fibre wads, and with RED DOT being an American Power ( where the very rarely use Fibre Wads) there are very few recipes for fibre.

Guest cookoff013
1 hour ago, MacSxS said:

cheers guys for all the advice 

i will give Clay and Game a ring to find out when they are next driving down the M5. 

Another reason I don't want to use RED DOT is that I intend to Load Fibre wads, and with RED DOT being an American Power ( where the very rarely use Fibre Wads) there are very few recipes for fibre.

there should be tons of data out there. its been tested a bunch. reddot is a classic 1200fps 1,1/8oz powder in 12gauge. just dont step it out of its comfort zone. 

i`d reload it in a heartbeat. i did tons of research on reddot. i`ll have a google and find a fibre resource.... hold on

On 29/05/2019 at 12:46, cookoff013 said:

there should be tons of data out there. its been tested a bunch. reddot is a classic 1200fps 1,1/8oz powder in 12gauge. just dont step it out of its comfort zone. 

i`d reload it in a heartbeat. i did tons of research on reddot. i`ll have a google and find a fibre resource.... hold on

Red Dot? A brilliant powder! Lots of info out there....I still have a couple of pounds of it.