The one that got away.

lancer425

2 for me worst regret was selling a cased Boswell sidelock ejector live pigeon gun, the second a Colt M1911 self loading pistol in .455 Webley auto when the government no longer trusted us to own handguns, however long after it transpired that the calibre was obsolete and I could have kept it.

Tim

2 hours ago, Mr. Merkel said:

2 for me worst regret was selling a cased Boswell sidelock ejector live pigeon gun, the second a Colt M1911 self loading pistol in .455 Webley auto when the government no longer trusted us to own handguns, however long after it transpired that the calibre was obsolete and I could have kept it.

Tim

Was it obsolete at the time? 

2 hours ago, B B said:

I think it  probably will have been, I imagine it was given up at  the 1996  -1997 buy out, AFAIK the 455 webley was in the 1992 guidance as obsolete then.

I only asked as the lad I mentioned who had inherited his Dads Webleys also had a Navy or RFC  Webley Auto in .455  Webley but I can’t recall him ever shooting it. I know he also had the 9mm version .