rabbit control

Spotted on  another forum but this seems strange 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rabbits-how-to-control-numbers#when-you-can-shoot-rabbits

"If you are the occupier of land you can shoot rabbits on your land during the day and can authorise in writing one other person to do so. That person must be part of your household, one of your staff, or be employed for reward to specifically control the rabbits."

err so no night shooting ? you can only authorize 1 other person ? 

when did these rules change ?

You can shoot rabbits at night only if you are:

• an owner/occupier with shooting rights
  • a landlord/landlady who has reserved their shooting rights
  • a shooting tenant not in occupation who has derived the shooting rights from the owner
  • an occupier, or one other person authorised by the occupier in writing, where the occupier has written authority from someone with the shooting rights

Best part is, during the day the authorised person must be part of your household, one of your staff, or be employed for reward.

But during the night those rules do not apply. :lol:

No wonder the GL is in such a mess. Edited by old'un

19 minutes ago, quentyn said:

so that golf course offering rabbit shooting where you have to pay would be in violation of these rules ?

I would think its who owns the land/shooting rights.

If they are the occupier/tenant or owner of the land/golf course and they have either the shooting rights or the authority to give you permission then you are ok.

Not sure where you stand with council owned land/golf course, you may have to ask the council for permission unless the occupier/tenant has arranged an agreement with the council to control pests on the land., don’t think you would get away with saying, ‘the green keeper give me permission’

Edited by old'un

3 hours ago, old'un said:

I would think its who owns the land/shooting rights.

If they are the occupier/tenant or owner of the land/golf course and they have either the shooting rights or the authority to give you permission then you are ok.

Not sure where you stand with council owned land/golf course, you may have to ask the council for permission unless the occupier/tenant has arranged an agreement with the council to control pests on the land., don’t think you would get away with saying, ‘the green keeper give me permission’

re the golf course it was just an example and i have suspect it i was a private course

my point is that very little of the rabbit control in the UK is carried out by "That person must be part of your household, one of your staff, or be employed for reward to specifically control the rabbits"

will rabbits be next ?  

Unlike the General Licenses which are legal licenses deriving from the Countryside and Wildlife Act and EU legislation the NE rabbit document is described as "Guidance". I wonder therefore if one fails to follow the guidance whether one is actually breaking the law?

Natural England  have been on this years its how they are restrictive biased against shooting and against anybody enjoying the country we live in. NE are a joke organisation and i am yet to see a single thing they have done that benefited anything.   Last time they tried Rabbits. HERE!

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/natural-england-scraps-rabbit-control-legislation-29337

58 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Unlike the General Licenses which are legal licenses deriving from the Countryside and Wildlife Act and EU legislation the NE rabbit document is described as "Guidance". I wonder therefore if one fails to follow the guidance whether one is actually breaking the law?

Mm, some police chiefs seem to use the Home Office Guidance to stand their cups on with seemingly no guidance from the issuing authority so who really knows until the collar is felt?   🙃