Milbro Bobcat .177

Chaz25

Some thing a bit rare I picked up and thought I would share.

47966718002_09b1520995_z.jpg

47966783341_1aa0a1e6cd_z.jpg

These are under pinned with parts from the Diana mod 15/16 and I think ran from 78' to 85 mine is stamped with an 80', there smooth bored and put out just under 5 lbs of energy so pellets get flicked out around 380fps so just a plinker, this one was boxed and unfired so sat some where peaceful for 39 years! I'm going to make some refinements but other wise its going to have a fun life as the garden gun.

thanks gents! I'll keep you  all posted, would like to find a Crossman 2100 rifled barrel to fit and do some thing about the rear sight, plus a bit more volume in the cylinder might be of use. at the moment the stock fit is not to tight and the gun creaks in use so I'm starting there.

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I wouldn't touch it - any modifications you do will wipe out any future value as a collectors piece - not many of these around and in unfired/mint condition the value is only going to go one way?

My first thought too.

Chaz25 I see your point, but just how many do you think there are in mint unfired condition?

Bet you could find rocking horse manure easier.

Because it seems so sad not to use a inker for fun as it was intended, nearly all will have been ripped out the box and used and abused straight away.

I've never recall seeing one.

I do understand the value of such things truly, but it was on sale for a long time, so rare it may be but not considered of value, I mean any one could of bought it, and some of the refinements would cause it to last longer in some respect, the stock fit is a good point, at the moment there is to much movement, this puts more load on the bolt which then puts more load to the alloy frame and that could crack so having it fit snug without you knowing it was done would be good? same with some brass washers on the cocking arm pivot keeping it more true so it would not scrap other parts, a simple brass tube fitted in an existing hole to keep the barrel bush from moving and have the barrel end damage the breach seal which already shows it was going that way, non of this would detract from what it is in my thinking a nice little gun to use but keep good. The only thing of true value is time, I would like to fill some of that with memory's of the garden the sun and a bit of plinking with this little number, is that not a value that makes better sense?