feral pigeon

there is lots of talk on wood pigeons and the GL but any news on feral pigeons  (Columba livia domestica

are they now effectively protected unless you apply for an individual license ? there is an industrial site where the feral pigeons cause a real public health problem - i haven't been up there since the issues but i wonder if control is now essentially banned ? 

2 hours ago, Westley said:

I understood the new wording of the GL covered shooting of ferals for public health reasons. Try the BASC website for further info.

No, I am pretty sure an individual license is the only option at present.

Perhaps when parliament and half of the country’s cities and hospitals are a foot deep in pigeon manure a few politicians will realise what a mess they have created 

wondering here if her majesty will have to apply for a license to clear them from some of the buildings she owns 

14 hours ago, quentyn said:

there is lots of talk on wood pigeons and the GL but any news on feral pigeons  (Columba livia domestica

are they now effectively protected unless you apply for an individual license ? there is an industrial site where the feral pigeons cause a real public health problem - i haven't been up there since the issues but i wonder if control is now essentially banned ? 

All wild birds are protected, perhaps wait for solid legal clarification form one of our organisations?