Guy Martin

B725

For the Guy Martin fans he is on channel 4 at 8pm tomorrow to re-enact the parachute jumps undertaken by the soldiers during D-day. This will be of no interest to those who have no feeling's towards remembering the men and women who gave up theirs lives for everyone. 

21 minutes ago, figgy said:

Fair play to the participants as the round chutes were dangerous. No control and lots ended with bust limbs.

"X" type chutes ?....................but the main difference is during WW2....they didnt jump with reserve chutes....they baled out that low they wouldnt have had time to deploy the reserve..

I used to want to do a sky dive and parachute jump years ago.

Doesn't appeal now I am older, I just think that yank when the chute opens, if it catches one of my plums like a parasailing trip on holiday with my son strapped to my chest. Ouch

1 hour ago, figgy said:

I used to want to do a sky dive and parachute jump years ago.

Doesn't appeal now I am older, I just think that yank when the chute opens, if it catches one of my plums like a parasailing trip on holiday with my son strapped to my chest. Ouch

Never had that, but it did kill my inner thighs, to the point of bruising. I've very skinny legs tho. I had a very very tasty bird filming the decent, so i had to have a cuppa cement and hardened the **** up. 

Last time I wanna jump out of a plane 2miles up. More thrilling on the bike at 150. But to service men doing that under fire, in carp kit. Big brass balls

7 hours ago, cuffy said:

Duxford on Tuesday .

200+  jumping out of 30+ Dakota's , old style round 'chutes and ww2 dress up .

Practice for the same over France on d-day .

You'll never see anything like this again

Didn't expect that there would be 30+ airworthy Dakota's never mind in the same place!

On 01/06/2019 at 14:36, B725 said:

For the Guy Martin fans he is on channel 4 at 8pm tomorrow to re-enact the parachute jumps undertaken by the soldiers during D-day. This will be of no interest to those who have no feeling's towards remembering the men and women who gave up theirs lives for everyone. 

Got it on, thanks 👍

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

No fear... 

Listening to the veterans, it really does open your eyes and make you appreciate what we now have.. They put everything on the line for us and our future. 

Considering he’s broken his back ( twice I read) most people would think twice.

the thing with the veterans , they had no choice as the Germans were either killing them on the beaches or were going to kill them when they took us. Scary as hell .