STEAKS..Beef

ditchman

been meaning to put this post up for a while.........i treat myself every saturday to a steak........i usually stick to the same cut...but i do the rounds now and again........i rub sea salt and fresh black pepper into the steak and leave it out of the fridge for 3-4hrs before cooking it...and i cook it 4 and 3....so its pinkish in the middle and the juice is just about to run clear

ive had sirloin..........ribeye.........and fillet.........but my true love is rump............it ticks all the boxes for me.......i think fillet is a waste of tasteless time

whats your number one steak cut........?

Sirloin then Ribeye, pink on the inside, but not bloody, well browned on the outside..........I had a piece of fillet for my dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was very flavoursome! Nicest I've had for a long while!........But I agree, although usually tender,  it is usually bland too!

I like rump steak best. Aldi have their big steaks on offer soon. :)

The text from the advert:

Aldi’s mouthwatering steak has been matured for 21 days.

Its extra thick cut is the reason it has been dubbed the Big Daddy.

But even though the name suggests a hefty price tag, you can pick up a 16oz rump for just £4.99.

The rumps will return to stores on June 13 and will only be available for limited time.

As the item is a Specialbuy, it will disappear once all the stock has been snapped up.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

i only buy steak that i like the look of ...the right colour etc...thats why i change my preferences................but what i will say is ...the BEST LOOKING STEAK    has got to be ribeye ..with the right ammont of fat showing thro' the meat.....but for me the taste is not for me.......the fat on rump is supreme...........

really agree with yellow bear as sirloin for a joint...........now you are talking with fresh made horseradish picked from the roadside........:drool:

Over the years i've had my belly full of steaks  from tail-end of fillet to LMC, its very unusual for me to have a steak these days, but if i had the choice it would be a nice thick piece of Hip-Bone from around the middle to thin end. I used to save all the rough ends of steaks that you couldn't sell for stir fry or BBQ kebabs. 

My fave steak is ribeye. Favourite cut for a roasting joint is fore-rib but bloody expensive.

In a restaurant in Plymouth in the 80's I observed a bloke who had ordered steak tartare, watching the waiter mix the minced fillet with the various bits and bobs and then told the waiter he'd "have it done medium"!!

Once took a client to a very very nice steak house in Canary Wharf. Argentinian beef, every cut you could imagine - an omnivore heaven. He ordered a burger!! (No, wasn't the same bloke).

I hardly ever have steak when we eat out. I have been served too grey tasteless steaks. Best i had was in the States a big rump cooked very hot so well done on the outside where the fat has gone a bit crispy and pink and juicy in the middle. I find it best when I cook it on the bbq, ribeye for me.

Best steak I ever had was a 32 oz Rib Eye from a pub out side Bristol (£20) that catered for the Yankee airmen posted to Wiltshire. They used to complain that our steak sizes were too small, so the pub decided to cater for them. I couldn`t manage the chips, mushrooms tomatoes and onion rings as well.