BASC 100 bird flush Millride Wolverhampton

Went to this ground today for the first time to shoot the 100 bird flush, got there early as one of our four had a cricket match this afternoon. There was nobody there other than the BASC guys so on the stroke of ten we were up - it was madness of the best kind, our plan went out the window immediately, I couldn’t stop catching empties instead of just firing them away, my loading was awful but somehow we finished with 49 out of the 100 which we were pretty pleased with. We held the number one spot for at least the next 45 minutes as nobody else was there!

shot a round of compak, then 80 sporting and finally back for another compak at which point we checked to see and only about ten teams had shot the flush and the current leader was only 56 so we weren’t far off the grade.

having never done this I was surprised it was not busier? Has anyone else done one? It’s really good fun and I’d do it again but it looked pretty demoralising for the guys running the event

We did one run by the NGO a couple of years ago down at Crabtree. It was extremely well attended, and after not exactly excelling in the sporting layout we set about seeing if we could redeem ourselves on the team flush. There was four in each team and our team consisted of two keepers, mate and me. We had a look at the targets and came up with a plan, designating particular targets to a particular gun, and all was going well until one of us called pull!  

I had a rush of blood to the head and broke someone else’s targets, to which he responded with ‘*******’,  and then shot at mine as I  had an empty gun and then all plans were forgotten amidst a flurry of ejected cartridges, fluffed reloads and bits of flying clay. 

We were in stitches when it was all over and surprisingly finished with a score in the low 80’s if I recall. We were chuffed with that as it was the first time for three of us, but we didn’t get anywhere near the prizes. 

Great fun.

My nephew and three mates recently did the Lampton (?) Langton(?) flush, and ended up 12th out of 80 teams.