And the winner is..

washerboy

Ruiz appeared in top condition! :whistling: Bruno....sorry!! Joshua lacks a plan B, is musclebound and immobile.....he's looked less than impressive in his last couple of fights.......never mind the yank.....I reckon Fury would see him off......only one way from here?

I had worries about Joshua's chin - he got caught by Dillan Whyte and his legs stiffened - but after he got up after being hit by Wlad, I thought I might have been harsh. I think he took the fight too lightly and paid the price. When he described it as a minor set back, I assumed he was still groggy.

That said, I think Wilder is similar - can bang a bit, but caught by Ortiz and looked shaky.

All credit to Ruiz - not the traditional physique - more Tony Galento or Butterbean - but he recovered from his first ever trip to the canvas and showed great heart. Pleased for Mexico - many, many brilliant boxers from there, but very, very few Heavyweights.

A mandatory rematch clause was written into this fight contract and they said last night that this was the next step.

I agree with the comments about AJ not taking the fight / opponent seriously enough and when he rocked Ruiz in the third he impatiently went for the finish and looked pretty clueless thereafter once Ruiz fought back.

There were some other decent bouts on the cards including the ladies who had a proper tear up.

He just did not look interested in being there. I'm surprised he found time to train at all in between doing endorsements for just about any and every product out there. 

To quote Teddy Atlas quoting Haggler "You don't get up at 5am to do your road work when you're sleeping in silk sheets" 

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

So does this mean we might now get Fury vs Joshua?? As champion Joshua could just avoid the fight, guessing there'll be a rematch first though?

He has already avoided Fury and Wilder and took on this (easy) fight to impress the Americans. Big mistake it has shown him to be what most knew, a average fighter who can't take a average punch. 

I think  he listened too much to new advice on training  from under armour and sports scientists rather than training old school  and IMO he needs to lose a stone in weight to improve stamina and speed.. your thoughts please?

Edited by Jacko3275