priest

boo

75hCQ3z.jpg   Dont really do a lot of posting , knocked this priest up yesterday afternoon , out of scrap , handle is a briar , seasoned, both ends of brass sleeved ,drilled and tapped to take a length of 10mm stud , both ends screw into each other and bonded to form a tight fit , left the handle in the raw with a coat of wax ,feels good in the hand ...

cheers , looks better in the hand ! Kids half term , bailed out into the garage for an hour , say all the brass was scrap salvage, not a ditchy finish , but will do in the field..

OfGtO0i.jpg something else made from nothing ....

I like to see what others have made and the though process that goes I to their design.

I like a priest with a longer brass at the end so I don't damage to handle/shaft being heavy handed and have bit of forward weight to carry the blow through.

Nice looking sticks too.

Thank you , with the priest being solid brass , weighs enough as it is, may turn a length of aluminium , make the head longer and lighter , as said something to do had x,y and z parts floating around just put together , stickmaking was my old mans forte , dab hand at bulking and bending horn , i used to cut the shanks for him , anyways sort of inhertited  the stick side of things now , slowly getting there , got another project coming up which i may need to pick the p.w brains at , in the garage under the old mans woodwork bench was his grandads sea chest , big ****** , little bit of worm , so thinking about restoring and cleaning it up , pretty mint inside  , lots of old brass sailors buttons , even a big model of a tall ship which will need looking at in the future . lastly been messing with casting resin , inlaid some antler coronerts , think they look ok,...