35 Dakotas

Pistol p

35 C-47 Dakotas will be leaving Duxford on Wednesday at approximately 1340hr. They will head to Colchester then Southend on Sea crossing into Kent passing Maidstone then Eastbourne at 1450hrs. They will cross the English Channel to Le Havre, on to Sannerville where they will deploy the parachutists and final land at Caen at 1545hrs. 

I can't manage to pull up the map, if someone can help I'd be grateful.

It'll be something to see.

Godspeed to them.

6 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

Hope someone gets some good photo's and shares them on here

Here is a link to some photo's taken at Old Warden on Saturday.

https://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=1091578&sid=325bf22fdfab2c7fa78e011e7dcf81e9#p1091578

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

saw one flying near Duxford today an amazing sight.  

Was lucky enough to fly in one in the 80's when the "air atlantique" Dakota was based at Blackpool airport. I do remember it being very loud and rattled a lot!!

1 hour ago, cuffy said:

Practicing tomorrow at duxford

There were three crusing about in formation today over work, it was a nice sight. Last week we had a p-47, p-51 and two f-15s cruise over on their way to Duxford, and 2 weeks before that we had a Spit and Hurricane land on the heath!! 

3 hours ago, Si.F said:

saw one flying near Duxford today an amazing sight.  

Was lucky enough to fly in one in the 80's when the "air atlantique" Dakota was based at Blackpool airport. I do remember it being very loud and rattled a lot!!

I worked at Fylde a while back, setting a machine up when a F-35 from Warton goes over really makes you jump, great to watch while having a brew though.

The Stielhandgranate (German for "stalk hand grenade") was a German hand grenade of unique design. It was the standard issue of the German Empire during World War I, and became the widespread issue of Nazi Germany's Wehrmacht during World War II. The very distinctive appearance led to it being called a "stick grenade", or "potato masher" in British Army slang, and is today one of the most easily recognized infantry weapons of the 20th century