Name this reel

snow white

Looks like some type of sidecaster, you removed the drum from the spindle and placed on the protruding arm to cast in the same way a fixed spool reel casts. Replaced on spindle to retrieve line. Liable to cause a lot of kinks in the line even when using s double swivels.

Blackpowder

hello, looks like it has been added on, how is it fixed on ? its a Die - cast KP Morritts  new popular reel, started production just after WW2 in Cheam Surrey, my first fixed spool river reel was a Morritts, Monarch at 19 shilling a 6 pence  

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

16 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

Looks like some type of sidecaster, you removed the drum from the spindle and placed on the protruding arm to cast in the same way a fixed spool reel casts. Replaced on spindle to retrieve line. Liable to cause a lot of kinks in the line even when using s double swivels.

Blackpowder

I'm pretty sure that I've seen one before and  can't quite place it though, but think you've nailed it.

Not 100% sure but I remember that some of these could be placed on the spindle with handles out or in. You eliminated most of the line twist by casting with handles in for one cast then handles out the next which was repeated, the Alveys did kink to some extent but an extra swivel helped.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a part missing from centre of spool, the catch visible at 7 should be pulled, spool then removes &  clicks into front spindle allowing "side cast " & is then removed & placed back on reel the missing part is a plastic boss, same as on Rapidex Etc,& is fixed by 2 small screws, "Seajector?or something like that had one in 60,s.Grice & Young?

Edited by guzzicat

On 19 June 2019 at 14:53, guzzicat said:

There is a part missing from centre of spool, the catch visible at 7 should be pulled, spool then removes &  clicks into front spindle allowing "side cast " & is then removed & placed back on reel the missing part is a plastic boss, same as on Rapidex Etc,& is fixed by 2 small screws, "Seajector?or something like that had one in 60,s.Grice & Young?

:good:

All falls into place now. The Grice and Young was the 'Jecta'.