Rabbit numbers ?

Ferret664

11 hours ago, Jay_Russell said:

Numbers are starting to build here too ( suffolk/essex) border. to the point im now being asked to knock the numbers back a bit. 

on a  side note the hare numbers have really exploded this year. - not that i shoot hares ! 

I'm suffolk/essex to and have definitely noticed the numbers picking up, so much so we got a rabbit curry in last night. 

Hares thin on the ground round here. 

Just been contacted asking me to 'do the rabbits' again - this farm is on the Suffolk/Norfolk border - last time I culled was in 2016 so very similar experiences to everyone else I think. On my way to work this morning I saw a weasel chasing some young rabbits, something I have not seen for quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rabbits are well up on the golf course I shoot prob best in 5 year  only downside is don't no were the foxes have disappeared to used to see a few but not seen one in last 2 outings . Just need grass cutting at farm permission to see wot rabbit population like there but seen good signs so far .

• 4 weeks later...

Went to one of my permission’s on Friday afternoon and on the field next to the permission l counted 70+ at 3 o/clock in the blazing sun.

That evening same field had well over 150 on it.

The land owner when l asked for permission to shoot stated that he already has someone who does so regularly, oh really 🤥

🤔