"Pigeonwatch" gold story

ditchman

Most of you know me as the pigeonwatch muppet...something akin to the village idiot.......i like making stuff...and in particular i like doing it for other people...i dont charge...i just like my materials costs covered.........

i first got this hankering in africa (when i lived there)...my mate Olaf who worked for DANIDA..(govt aid org')...imported his hunting rifle and stuff for his hunting in the Selous...he came to me in tears one thursday afternoon saying his shooting had to be cancelled...because when he assembled his rifle...they hadnt sent the scope mounts with the gun and ammo and scope.......

i had a well stocked workshop...so inbetween his sobbing..(the Danish are quite emotional)...i had a think and said leave yer gun and scope withy me and i will have a go at making a scope mount....

anyway to cut a long story short i made a couple of scope mounts out of soft steel stock...and blacked them in old engine oil....and to be quite arrogant i made a fair dinkum job of them.....the look on Olafs face was payment...and he started to sob again:lol:...

so thats how i started making stuff......i do it for my own pleasure as i know how nice it is recieving stuff...it really gives me a nice fuzzy feeling

so now the embarasing bit...........DEAD EYE ALAN......hope you are listening.......old farriers knife was rebuilt with some of the loverly wood off cuts alan has sent me...they are really nice bits an all....its really nice to recieve them....so i built him a knife as you know.......now for some reason he likes it:lol:...cause 20 mins ago there is a bang on the door..............................

.....................a full crate of nice New Zealand red wine...totally unasked for but gratefully recieved........and whats more he isnt the only one to have done this.......this has happened several times from my electronic friends

i am truly blessed to have people like that on the end of my keyboard..............:good: 

have a nice day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fair to say that old saying, you reap what you sow. The majority of folk enjoy seeing what and how you do thing's with added humour along the way also Fat Sarah needs a mention for looking over your shoulder to make sure you do things right. Just keep the troops entertained with your explotes. 😀

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

The Muppets were always amusing.

Are you trying to shame me as I only sent you 10p for making my knife? I promise I will make it up to you soon.

as you well know JD....you crossed my palm with "the filthy luka"...un asked for..................the pleasure was knowing that you use it

14 minutes ago, B725 said:

I think it's fair to say that old saying, you reap what you sow. The majority of folk enjoy seeing what and how you do thing's with added humour along the way also Fat Sarah needs a mention for looking over your shoulder to make sure you do things right. Just keep the troops entertained with your explotes. 😀

the only thing that sarah has given folk is crabs.......(and they aint the ones from cromer neither)

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

A full crate of red 😣😣😣 there should be some interesting threads come morning sir, well deserved I'm sure.

👏👏👏 

Yes, especially as the wine has a sell by date of 4th June 2019.

Calling yourself a muppet or likening yourself to a village idiot, isn’t really being fair to idiots and muppets 🙂

These people here singing your praises obviously haven’t met you in person.

Thats what you get for making threats against me and my nice shiny toys .......... in an Irish accent “we know where you live” 

Edited by Jaymo

14 minutes ago, JDog said:

Yes, especially as the wine has a sell by date of 4th June 2019.

if that were the case i would be snorkeling in it..:lol:...sort of a norfolk jaques cousteaux....or hands and lottie whatever without a mask..............

Ditchy you deserve some wine for the good deeds you do others.

I enjoy reading your posts and to act the fool and write like one takes more nounce than just being your everyday normal self. Your posts are usually very uplifting and bring a smile.

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

What can I say but only reiterate everything everyone has said so far and put blooming great bronze knobs on it, extremely well polished of course to Ditchie standards.

Totally agree. A big thank you Simon for your interesting threads, good humour, amazing skill, kindness and self-deprecating modesty. :thanks:

OB