"Pigeonwatch" gold story

ditchman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little while back ditchy was inquiring if any body had an old open target site that he could fit on his air rifle . I had one that I had not used  for many years ,one that I used to shoot out to 1200 yards on my target rifle . Living just down the road I met up with Simon and we had a yarn . He offered me money for the sight to Which I refused and said that he could have it .

a couple of weeks later I received Simons first stag handled knife gifted to me . You have all seen these knifes and can see the amount of skill that has gone into the making of them . I have number one and the protertype that I will keep and use . Again thank you Simon .

harnser

There are many more things with greater value in life than money.

Enjoy your wine that is undoubtedly very well earned, gratefully sent and gracefully received. 

Just please be aware of (the mad woman I live with's) house rules -

1. The most useless thing ever invented was the wine bottle stopper. No bottle of wine should ever be left part full.

2. It is illegal (in this house) for wine to be consumed in even number quantities - so it's 1 ("lunch"), 3 ("dinner & evening consumption") or 5 ("a friend popped round").

3. Wine does not count in medical terms towards "units".

Enjoy.

51 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

There are many more things with greater value in life than money.

Enjoy your wine that is undoubtedly very well earned, gratefully sent and gracefully received. 

Just please be aware of (the mad woman I live with's) house rules -

1. The most useless thing ever invented was the wine bottle stopper. No bottle of wine should ever be left part full.

2. It is illegal (in this house) for wine to be consumed in even number quantities - so it's 1 ("lunch"), 3 ("dinner & evening consumption") or 5 ("a friend popped round").

3. Wine does not count in medical terms towards "units".

Enjoy.

very sound advice...................i have made my liver "detatcherble"...so it can be removed with ease and put it in the washing machine with my socks on a warm wash........:good:

I can speak with experience to the generosity and genuine willingness to help others this forum has shown! Through my Sons account being emptied and offering to help, to some unknown person paying for a Falcon rifle for me. And even help with days out shooting and striking up friendships with Peter and Mike! I feel ashamed at the moment that life is dealing me with lemons and unable to even get about to see folk. My parents are not able to care for themselves as well as they used to. So I work 4 days and spend the other days running around doing what I can. But feel in other respects that I am letting those who have helped me in the past down! 

But through all of this there are always warm wishes and encouragement given by the members of this forum! 

Ditchy, you have given so much to other members by way of your posts, by offering to repair and make items and generally being a caring human being as so many others here have proven to be! 

Hope you enjoy the wine   :yes: 

Edited by Lord Geordie

3 hours ago, Lord Geordie said:

I can speak with experience to the generosity and genuine willingness to help others this forum has shown! Through my Sons account being emptied and offering to help, to some unknown person paying for a Falcon rifle for me. And even help with days out shooting and striking up friendships with Peter and Mike! I feel ashamed at the moment that life is dealing me with lemons and unable to even get about to see folk. My parents are not able to care for themselves as well as they used to. So I work 4 days and spend the other days running around doing what I can. But feel in other respects that I am letting those who have helped me in the past down! 

But through all of this there are always warm wishes and encouragement given by the members of this forum! 

Ditchy, you have given so much to other members by way of your posts, by offering to repair and make items and generally being a caring human being as so many others here have proven to be! 

Hope you enjoy the wine   :yes: 

Life has sent you some tragic blows but you will always get an arm wrapped around you on heer, keep your chin up mate. :good:

10 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I can see in years to come.. Antiques roadshow 2065, or something like that, an old boy bringing in an article for perusal.. The expert proclaiming, oh my god, its a Ditchy!! 😀

NOT such a ridiculous suggestion either:good:

I might make it 2100, because by then we will be out of the EU:yay:

This site is full of very helpful and generous members , not only offering advice but also sending gifts just for the shear enjoying they get out of it themselves , I can vouch for that because I have been on the receiving end on one or two occasions .

Ditchman is up there with the leaders and if he can help anyone in any way you can rest assured he will do his best to oblige .

Recognition by P W is justly deserved :good: 

34 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Didn’t think your diet allowed you Chocolate?

i have a bit of chocolate now and then.....havnt had any for 5 days at the moment...i no longer eat sweets cakes biscuits custard tarts pie's ...........so every now and then i have a little chocolate...........as long as it has no gluten in it...

what i do miss is 

1. picnics
  2. tunnocks wafers (i couldnt eat more than 2 pkts at once tho)
  3. fruit cake

hant touched any of that for a year now......

Edited by ditchman

21 minutes ago, ditchman said:

malt has gluten in it...made from barley ...

Distilled spirits do NOT contain gluten. The process of distillation removes the protein from the grain, so all you’re left with in your glass is alcohol, water and a few congeners that contribute flavour (unless it’s a liqueur then add sugar and flavourings to that list. And botanicals if it’s gin).

Just now, welsh1 said:

Distilled spirits do NOT contain gluten. The process of distillation removes the protein from the grain, so all you’re left with in your glass is alcohol, water and a few congeners that contribute flavour (unless it’s a liqueur then add sugar and flavourings to that list. And botanicals if it’s gin).

It's gonna get Messy!! Someone call Sarah😎 🥃🥃🥃🥃

36 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

i know im alright with gin................i always assumed whisty was off limits....until you told me............