Sorry don't get the drug culture

washerboy

Still sad that a life ended.. Yes a stupid thing to do, kids that lost a mother and probably wouldn't think or know she had a drug habit. 

I work with lads who think it is the normal thing to snort or whatever on a weekend. They don't class it as a drug habit. 

I lost a mate to drugs. In fact he was in rehabilitation when a guy offered him some gas and he died minutes later. 

Ill never understand drugs. I’ve seen it mess so many lives up . Kids in debt owing a bloke and bringing their PlayStation’s to pay the dealer.  I know lads that think a bit of Charlie is fine to take while having a drink. Seen loads snorting off toilet seats in clubs over the years.

why ??? Maybe I’m boring as I don’t smoke or drink. 

13 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I lost a mate to drugs. In fact he was in rehabilitation when a guy offered him some gas and he died minutes later. 

Ill never understand drugs. I’ve seen it mess so many lives up . Kids in debt owing a bloke and bringing their PlayStation’s to pay the dealer.  I know lads that think a bit of Charlie is fine to take while having a drink. Seen loads snorting off toilet seats in clubs over the years.

why  Maybe I’m boring as I don’t smoke or drink. 

Not boring at all, i like a drink but i can happily go without, drugs unfortunately are rife. I originally stopped playing amateur rugby league because if half your team are taking something before a game chances are so are the other team!! 

I've also seen folk openly taking drugs in toilets, and like you say think it's perfectly normally for the weekend.

I don't get it either, thankfully 

It used to be pretty rife in my industry but the last few years have seen a serious decline, I’m not sure the reasons but I suspect it was the rise of mouth swab testing when driving rather than any moral decision.

its always amusing to be around those new wave liberals who are so quick to push various vegan and whatever angles but like a cheeky line at a party whilst completely disregarding the huge cost in violence and suffering that goes with the class a drug trade.

I’ve lost two friends to drugs, one to Heron who had a truly terrible upbringing and one to a concoction who was a complete hedonist thrill seeker who would have probably OD on something.

Very sad, awful that they had no other outlet.  I tried most stuff in my youth but packed it all in when my friend OD so haven’t touched anything in 21 years.

Weirdly, I don’t know anyone who touches drugs

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

It used to be pretty rife in my industry but the last few years have seen a serious decline, I’m not sure the reasons but I suspect it was the rise of mouth swab testing when driving rather than any moral decision.

its always amusing to be around those new wave liberals who are so quick to push various vegan and whatever angles but like a cheeky line at a party whilst completely disregarding the huge cost in violence and suffering that goes with the class a drug trade.

It’s ok dude, drugs are vegan ;) 😂😂

Not sure what the mystery is, people always have to come up with mystical reasons people take drugs, childhood, social situation etc etc etc. 

The blunt of it is, drugs have a chemical effect on the brain that can make you feel very very good. 

Don’t touch them myself, similar to how I don’t smoke, don’t gamble and don’t go out drinking myself into oblivion every weekend. 

Problem is and always will be that it's cool to be out with a bag of charlie today, drugs are popular in music, film, TV, magazines, you quickly become immune to it. And witnessing today's youth, they dont care where they are, what they are doing or when. We had 10 armed coppers out yesterday because of some kids high on summat running around with a taser and hand gun in this tiny town. 

If they ever legalise any of it this country will be more ****ed than it already is. 

15 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Problem is and always will be that it's cool to be out with a bag of charlie today, drugs are popular in music, film, TV, magazines, you quickly become immune to it. And witnessing today's youth, they dont care where they are, what they are doing or when. We had 10 armed coppers out yesterday because of some kids high on summat running around with a taser and hand gun in this tiny town. 

If they ever legalise any of it this country will be more ****** than it already is. 

Not sure it’ll make that much difference. Absolutely millions of people are taking them already. 

We already have people getting drunk into oblivion on the weekend and wasting the time of many more than 10 coppers. 

What they should do is start invoicing people who act so stupidly and end up in an ambulance or police van. They’ll soon moderate their intake. 

It’s a weird story. She’s a teacher and so would have gone through some form of higher education. She’s over 40, with children and would have had life experience.

But, she’s in an airport lounge heading towards a Country where they will execute you for drug smuggling and she’s holding 4 grams of coke (assuming £50/g) and so she swallows the lots in a re-sealable plastic baggy.

Which bit of any of that was going to end well?

Incidentally, on the subject of Dubai, I know it’s really new money fashionable to go there but that Country / regime (and the UAE generally) is somewhere you couldn’t pay me to go to. I digress....

9 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

The cheeky line could be the reason for the liberalism?

8 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Not sure it’ll make that much difference. Absolutely millions of people are taking them already. 

We already have people getting drunk into oblivion on the weekend and wasting the time of many more than 10 coppers. 

What they should do is start invoicing people who act so stupidly and end up in an ambulance or police van. They’ll soon moderate their intake. 

That might make a difference, certainly worth a try.

Plus most have no money so to speak, they just spent it all on - whatever-. So we lock em up. Wont work as its rife in the prisons. Then more cost on us. 

Its weird this country, Portugal hasnt arrested anybody for drug related crime in decades, yet they don't deal with any of the **** we do. The mind set and culture of Britain is excess, same as alcohol problems, we drink to get hammered, most country's drink for pleasure. 

Simple, legalise and tax it like they do everything else. 

Caught under the influence whilst driving - life time ban

caughy under the influence at work auto dismissal 

Under the influence and cause harm  - double the sentence that you’d normally get 

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Its still NOT an offence as long as its proven to be personal use. (10 days supply iirc)

Still does not explain the reason why we're such an excess nation 

Culture. Countries like Portugal, Spain, France etc have a culture where drinking is seen as something done around food and fellowship/family, in the UK it was seen as a man`s thing and to be a man you had to be able to "hold" your drink but running parallel to this in the 60`s and 70`s we had the start of the drugs scene. Cut to the late 80`s early 90`s and we get rave culture as YP gave up on the pub scene as it was all beermats and flat caps and MDMA becomes popular, yet the drinks trade soon changed its tune too by introducing themed pubs and alcopops. Coke becomes more widely used by people who go binge drinking at weekends as it picks them up, same as buckie, dragon soop and all the other caffeine based alcohol beverages. This timeline shows how it becomes a normalised social way of acting.

4 hours ago, henry d said:

Culture. Countries like Portugal, Spain, France etc have a culture where drinking is seen as something done around food and fellowship/family, in the UK it was seen as a man`s thing and to be a man you had to be able to "hold" your drink but running parallel to this in the 60`s and 70`s we had the start of the drugs scene. Cut to the late 80`s early 90`s and we get rave culture as YP gave up on the pub scene as it was all beermats and flat caps and MDMA becomes popular, yet the drinks trade soon changed its tune too by introducing themed pubs and alcopops. Coke becomes more widely used by people who go binge drinking at weekends as it picks them up, same as buckie, dragon soop and all the other caffeine based alcohol beverages. This timeline shows how it becomes a normalised social way of acting.

Agreed.

A mate is a copper is a lively Essex town centre and he says they spend their weekends dealing with idiots who have drunk 10 pints, are blazing on coke wanting to fight the world and thinking they are superman.

6 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Plus most have no money so to speak, they just spent it all on - whatever-. So we lock em up. Wont work as its rife in the prisons. Then more cost on us. 

Its weird this country, Portugal hasnt arrested anybody for drug related crime in decades, yet they don't deal with any of the **** we do. The mind set and culture of Britain is excess, same as alcohol problems, we drink to get hammered, most country's drink for pleasure. 

Astute observation Sir.