advice needed

pickerup

3 hours ago, Hamster said:

Surely if it's just two pellets they should fire out as normal ?!

Got to agree on this I have double loaded a couple of times on my BSA Scorpion in .22 and it will just fire the pellets out but at a significantly lower velocity. 

Tried firing it, the air came out of the breech no joy,  removed barrel  (dead easy)  inserted a piece of green  cane one of those they use to hold the plants up  a good fit  hammered it  in still no movement  sprayed gun oil down the barrel I will leave it over night  to work its way down and try again in the morning.

thank you all for help.

atb  regards  john  p/u

p/s  one thing about  pigeon watch, members  will always  try and help one another with there problems.

once again thank you.

26 minutes ago, pickerup said:

Tried firing it, the air came out of the breech no joy,  removed barrel  (dead easy)  inserted a piece of green  cane one of those they use to hold the plants up  a good fit  hammered it  in still no movement  sprayed gun oil down the barrel I will leave it over night  to work its way down and try again in the morning.

thank you all for help.

atb  regards  john  p/u

p/s  one thing about  pigeon watch, members  will always  try and help one another with there problems.

once again thank you.

hello, thats what i like about PW as well, just a thought while you have the barrel off change the breech seal ? 

22 hours ago, pickerup said:

thank you all for help.

atb  regards  john  p/u

once again thank you.

was the cane just breaking up? have you not got any cleaning rods? I would have thought you could tap them out, maybe use a .177 rod with a bit of tape so you don't damage anything.

Taking the barrel to carl at airtech tomorrow  he says he can clear it while I wait, sounds like    the easy way to solve the problem

thanks for your help.

atb  john

10 hours ago, Mice! said:

fair dinkem, ask him how he does it👍 

Heat the barrel to 327.5C in the area where the pellets are stuck, then pour out the molten lead. Comes with the added bonus you will be able to shoot round corners with the rifle afterwards! :D

More or less what dekers said  Carl heats the barrel in his vat he uses to blue the barrels with, this melts the lead and also re blues the barrel weather it needs it or not.

planning to go on Monday.        will report back when I get the job done.

atb        john       p/u.

5 minutes ago, pickerup said:

More or less what dekers said  Carl heats the barrel in his vat he uses to blue the barrels with, this melts the lead and also re blues the barrel weather it needs it or not.

planning to go on Monday.        will report back when I get the job done.

atb        john       p/u.

I was actually joking, but some heat should soften the pellets at least and hopefully make them easier to remove.

I'm still not quite following why a good blast of air behind the pellets won't shift them!

Edited by Dekers

2 hours ago, Dekers said:

Heat the barrel to 327.5C in the area where the pellets are stuck, then pour out the molten lead. Comes with the added bonus you will be able to shoot round corners with the rifle afterwards!

I  think It must be already shooting round corners by the amount I miss,  maybe it will put that right.

atb  john.   :shoot:

3 minutes ago, Dekers said:

I was actually joking, but some heat should soften the pellets at least and hopefully make them easier to remove.

I'm still not quite following why a good blast of air behind the pellets won't shift them!

3 minutes ago, Dekers said:

It worked with another gun I had, but it wont work with this one , the air blows back out of the breach.

If I heat the barrel I might ruin the blueing so it will be safer to let the man who makes and repairs guns  (carl  at airtech)  do the job.

Thing is if one got stuck on firing then 2 or more aint gonna shoot out .

Id say the oring in the breech was possibly damaged when you probed the heavy (big and hard ) barracuda pellet in the barrel .

Then the air came backwards instead of forwards and you then pushed some more pellets on top of it .jamming it up well .

Ps the st.barrels are designed around jsb pellets. Not h+n

Just bought a new 500 tin of jsb exacts jumbo diabolo  15.89 grains they worked ok so will stick to those from now on.

will get the o rings checked when i go to  airtech.

atb  john   p/u.

air arms diabolo  16 grains were very good.

took the wildcat over to carl at airtech yesterday  it took him about  10 mins  to  remove  3 pellets stuck in the barrel using a parker hale cleaning rod. job done.

spent a couple of hours with him he repairs and makes parts for all sorts of rifles  silencers, shrouds, regulators, and all the internal bits and pieces.

he reset the  ftlb and checked the gun over for me.

carl gabbett   airtech  donnington near telford.

atb   john  p/u.