Change UK

B725

2 hours ago, twenty said:

Wrong quote. Sorry!!

Why are there no By elections in Change UK MP's original constituencies, as they no longer represent what the people voted for.

...because (my guess) 90% of MP's are only in it for their own self interest and have no interest whatsoever in their constituents wishes and will toe the Party line when asked. 

It's a bloody disgrace and the Brexit debacle has highlighted this - which makes one wonder if it is worth voting ever again.

As Ann Widdecombe said recently when asked why The Brexit Party hadn't got any manifesto she replied (along the lines of) "well, to date, most manifestos haven't been worth the paper they are written on".

"DRAIN THE SWAMP"!

Edited by Eyefor

2 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

...because (my guess) 90% of MP's are only in it for their own self interest and have no interest whatsoever in their constituents wishes and will toe the Party line when asked. 

It's a bloody disgrace and the Brexit debacle has highlighted this - which makes one wonder if it is worth voting ever again.

As Ann Widdecombe said recently when asked what The Brexit Party had't got any manifesto she replied (along the lines of) "well, to date, most manifestos haven't been worth the paper they are written on".

"DRAIN THE SWAMP"!

:good:

the whole thing smells of arrogance............."oh lets get together and form our own party cause we are so clever ...and everybody loves and trusts us.....and we will have lots of power...and be offered directorships at £40,000/year...and be paid to sit on commitees and can tell people what to do...................."

yeah...........boys and girls ....you've been sussed out...:lol:.....bloody waste of time that was..........just shows us how good at making desisions and gauging the peoples mood you are.....doubt half of them will be  re-elected, if that..............christ almighty...they will have to get a job ...or sign on.....how the mighty have fallen..:lol:

40 minutes ago, twenty said:

It should though, don't you think.........What would you think if you supported one of them locally, and then they deserted.

Oh I quite agree it should work like that and If they were my MP and decided to "change their mind and their allegance then I would expect them to stand down and fight for the seat.

Anna Soubry is the epitome of an MP spouting abject drivel whilst truly believing she's saying something useful.

I agree that when they leave the party for which they were elected to serve then there should be a by-election. They continue to slurp at the trough as members of a party for which nobody has voted for whilst abandoning those who had voted for them.

Then again, since when did MP's ever work for what the majority vote for?

There's a basic principle at stake here. We elect people to represent our views and to serve the people (us!). Somewhere along the way, this has been translated to mean that "they" know better than we do and as a consequence, "they" should be allowed to tell us how to lead our lives. Well sorry, they need to grasp a reality - Brits REALLY don't like being told what to do and tend to react with a two fingered salute. Its part of our national character. 

Is there really any chance of politicos changing their ways? Somehow I doubt it. We have created a political elite class and it ain't going anywhere soon.

Why are there no By elections in Change UK MP's original constituencies, as they no longer represent what the people voted for.

Because you actually vote for a PERSON, not a Party.

I have always thought you should have a By-Election just the same if they jump ship, you vote for a person who has allied their political beliefs/stance to a certain party, which is why a lot of people voted for that person in the first place.

:hmm::good:

2 hours ago, Dekers said:

Because you actually vote for a PERSON, not a Party.

I have always thought you should have a By-Election just the same if they jump ship, you vote for a person who has allied their political beliefs/stance to a certain party, which is why a lot of people voted for that person in the first place.

:good:

Being of a slippery nature it's seemingly far too easy to jump ship in pursuit of the trough?

They merely changed Party, whereas a whole trough full of MPs decided they wouldn't deliver Brexit - which is what they promised to do in their election campaign. I don't see the Change MPs as any different to those MPs who think they know what is best.

With the Peterborough By election being held tomorrow, and the probability that the BP will do very well, there is absolutely no chance that any of the Change MP's will stand down and fight for their seat in a By election in their constituency.