National Service

B725

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, B725 said:

As a thought regarding Washerboys post regarding drug culture why not send those who haven't got a job or no intension of getting a job do 2 year's national service. 

It does not have to be military service, however you will probably find the snowflakes will say It contravenes their 'uman rights to be made to work for the good of the nation.

I was working through some information on employment statistics recently for work.

One indicated raising the age at which you have to stay in education or training to 18 hadn''t reduced the labour force because it had been mirrored by raising retirement age to 67.

So thats ok then we can reintroduce National Service if we all work an extra 2 years to pay for it

I’ve always been a strong supporter of reintroducing National Service. I have lots of Greek friends,  who all have to do at least 18 months. Depending on which service they go into. And perhaps it will show the youth of today some respect, and a better work ethic than they currently have. 

1 minute ago, Delwint said:

I’ve always been a strong supporter of reintroducing National Service. I have lots of Greek friends,  who all have to do at least 18 months. Depending on which service they go into. And perhaps it will show the youth of today some respect, and a better work ethic than they currently have. 

Why again?

you can polish a **** but it’s still a **** with no manners 

50 minutes ago, B725 said:

As a thought regarding Washerboys post regarding drug culture why not send those who haven't got a job or no intension of getting a job do 2 year's national service. 

said it for years, i served and would do all the scroates good

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Pity the poor **** who have to babysit the useless wasters!

Yep.  This subject came up decades ago and the Professionals said, NO WAY.  The mindset of youngsters today is not like it was in the 50s when we all knew that we would have two briliant years courtesy of HMG and in all likelyhood get a chance to travel the world.  I had a cousin who was a few months older than me and he was raised in a family pf bakers, so knew how to cook. He hit it big time and spent his whole 2yrs making meals for the troops as far afield as Hong Kong.  I was really looking forward to my turn and then the powers that be stopped National Service just 8 weeks before I would be eligible.  Everyone I met in my community back then said that they had a whale of a time and the stories they told made me even more envious.    I really do not believe the general 17-18yr olds have got what it takes and better the military recruit those who have a genuine wish to be a professional soldier.  

Edited by Walker570

Some of you make me laugh.

national service for the unemployed get real would you want them to fight for your country nope because they don’t want to be there and don’t give two figs anyway

better idea try getting the MP’S (government) to do national service first they bleed more from the country they people on the dole

dont think it is a good idea to send the disaffected into the army...and learn how to shoot and kill.............

i think it would be far better to invent something like British Aid Corps...something like that...where they would be fed and watered and work on aid projects all over the world in areas that need aid...then they will learn what it is and how damn lucky they are to be born British...and dealing and helping folk who have a nearly zero life expectancy 

i have mooted this point to several visiting bods from westminster  when i worked abroad...and they all agree but.say it would be a none starter ...cause it would infringe human rights....would appear as forced labour .....they thought of every excuse possible............

I don't know what the answer is but there is no respect of people or property from a large proportion of younger folk. I would have done any type of work if only for my self respect. I cannot understand why they are like it may be just lack of discipline. As Ditchman has just said British Aid Corp would show them how the real world is. 

1 hour ago, martyn2233 said:

Why again?

you can polish a **** but it’s still a **** with no manners 

Why....... So it would show them there is no such thing as a free ride. Leaving school and signing on, claiming DLA when there’s nothing wrong with them. Working the system because John down the road has told him what to say to get it. If not National service then stick them in a Quarry breaking rocks. Get them litter picking. It’s the fannying around with people like these and no real deterrent for any of their actions, that makes this country as **** as it is!!!! 

Surely a simpler option is community service not national service. If you are not employed and have no reason not to be e.g. disability, you are required to do for example 16 hours community service per week. Litter picking, path clearing etc, in return you get your benefits. Even if each of the people in receipt of benefits collected a single piece of litter per week, it would amount to huge amount over time. That way even if you don't work, everyone still is of some benefit to society as a whole no matter how small the contribution.

Just make them sweep the roads, if they want money then I want 8 hours of their day. If they get a better job then bye bye and good luck but sitting on their backsides is never an option. Anybody who wants money should be made to give up their time for it.

6 minutes ago, arm3000gt said:

Surely a simpler option is community service not national service. If you are not employed and have no reason not to be e.g. disability, you are required to do for example 16 hours community service per week. Litter picking, path clearing etc, in return you get your benefits. Even if each of the people in receipt of benefits collected a single piece of litter per week, it would amount to huge amount over time. That way even if you don't work, everyone still is of some benefit to society as a whole no matter how small the contribution.