National Service

B725

1 hour ago, redial said:

It just wouldn't work in this day and age.

No respect for authority.

against their human rights ,  30yrs ago in Ireland you did two weeks work in the community to get a months dole /cleaning litter /graffiti/cutting grass in graveyards and repairing headstones etc/ painting old dears housed /cleaning rivers and canals/repairing heritage  derelict churches etc and were happy to do the work as not receiving a handout how times have changed

now they aspire to be drug dealers if not playing Xbox 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to say we are now in the second if not third generation of benefit parasites, it is bred in them to know when they are old enough, those nice people will give them money every week. If they are lucky enough to be female and pop a sprog they will give them a house too. Thats my rant over.

At the age of 18 EVERY British citizen should have to do 2 years national service with either the police, fire or ambulance services. This way we would know that they existed due to NI payments, they would be competent in life saving skills and would respect themselves and others at a higher level. Alternatively we could just keep encouraging them to shuffle around the streets in tracksuits, starring at phones whilst worshipping kickball men.

a bloke I know did 2yrs NS and when he came out he said  he was never going to let anyone tell what to do again , he became a credentiled shopsteward and went from contruction sites and engineering projects for most of his working life !  so conscription did him no arm ! DD

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

I wouldn't want any of my kids serving for the likes of this government or any other. 

Now that is an extremely good point. I was thinking to myself, get the little scraps in the forces. That’ll sort them out! Etc etc but then, I can totally see scully’s point. I wouldn’t want the muppets in parliament making decisions about the life etc of my kids. Not a chance.

FWIW I would not want to bring National Service back again. I would want a professional soldier (who had volunteered for the Queens shilling) to be watching my back in the event of something nasty going on, not some chav who would possibly duck and run at the first sign of trouble. Leave Nat Service as a foot note to History.

I agree that the scrotes need something to pay for their benefits but the amount of monies that the Government would spend setting it all up it would probably over run like all the other projects going through the mill, like HS2, Cross Rail, Electrification of the railways to the East coast. I am sure we could all think of cost over run projects with out to much trouble, with out up up setting the Chavs watching Sky.

We need an orchard of money trees.

43 minutes ago, Flyboy1950 said:

FWIW I would not want to bring National Service back again. I would want a professional soldier (who had volunteered for the Queens shilling) to be watching my back in the event of something nasty going on

This.

It's usually people who’ve no military experience who are in favour of national service, and it's (almost), universally considered a bad idea by professional armed forces personnel.  That’s the main reason it was abolished in the UK too, as it was, in effect a glorified youth training scheme. 

My father, now 81, was one of the last intakes to have to do National service in the RAF.  He, like a lot of people couldn’t wait to leave, and needed to earn ‘decent’ money as at the time he had a young family to support (my older half-brothers, I'm not that old).

Conscription is slowly being abolished across the countries where it’s still a requirement. 

By the way, the conscientious objectors and the medically unfit usually have the option of joining some kind of ‘civil defence’ organisation.  This consists of things like marshalling at public events, helping during flooding or other natural disasters etc…

21 hours ago, B725 said:

As a thought regarding Washerboys post regarding drug culture why not send those who haven't got a job or no intension of getting a job do 2 year's national service. 

That's a frightening thought.

1 hour ago, Flyboy1950 said:

FWIW I would not want to bring National Service back again. I would want a professional soldier (who had volunteered for the Queens shilling) to be watching my back in the event of something nasty going on, not some chav who would possibly duck and run at the first sign of trouble. Leave Nat Service as a foot note to History.

I agree that the scrotes need something to pay for their benefits but the amount of monies that the Government would spend setting it all up it would probably over run like all the other projects going through the mill, like HS2, Cross Rail, Electrification of the railways to the East coast. I am sure we could all think of cost over run projects with out to much trouble, with out up up setting the Chavs watching Sky.

We need an orchard of money trees.

Jezza seems to have one bud?

18 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

That's all well and good in theory. 

But what about the people who are employed to pick up litter or sweep the roads. You would be putting decent working people out of work. 

I can see where you are coming from but when was the last time you walked or drove somewhere? Did on that journey did you note rubbish in a hedge row, a grass verge or path overgrown? There aren't enough people employed to keep up with what is required to be done. 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

I'm not sure what point it is you're making, but I'm certain he wasn't conscripted as those who did National Service were. 

Just replying to your comment about not wanting one of your kids in the military.

Surely a simpler option is community service not national service. If you are not employed and have no reason not to be e.g. disability, you are required to do for example 16 hours community service per week. Litter picking, path clearing etc, in return you get your benefits.

Wouldn't work, & didn't when the only cow that didn't give milk (Thatcher) tried it in the 80's.

It was called the "extra tenner", you had to work 2 days one week, 3 days the next week, 8 hrs a day for an extra £10 a week. Out of that you had to make your own way to wherever the jobs were at the time, always bus fare & supply your food workclothes  etc, all this always came to more than the extra £10 you were given so you were always out of pocket, excellent incentive, only Tories could think of a scheme like this, akin to their Universal Credit today.

Another point, this day & age many don't sign on because of the defunk UC problems, a body count that's not taken into consideration at Westminster,

crime pays & it's a lot easier than conforming to the system.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 18:58, Yellow Bear said:

It does not have to be military service, however you will probably find the snowflakes will say It contravenes their 'uman rights to be made to work for the good of the nation.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:24, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Pity the poor **** who have to babysit the useless wasters!

Yep agree!!. Parents of the scumbags need to be held to account too,  many absolve themselves of their responsibilities by scapegoating  immigrants, politicians and so on for their useless offspring's lack of gumption.