What’s taking so long

I have come to the conclusion that we are perhaps over analysing the wording, its true that the wording is very much open to interpretation, but the very fact that it is, maybe in our favour should anyone end up in court, I would think a judge would also come to the same conclusions that the wording makes it almost impossible to comply with, case dismissed.       

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, old'un said:

I have come to the conclusion that we are perhaps over analysing the wording, its true that the wording is very much open to interpretation, but the very fact that it is, maybe in our favour should anyone end up in court, I would think a judge would also come to the same conclusions that the wording makes it almost impossible to comply with, case dismissed.       

Absolutely and particularly in view of the reputation that the politicians are enjoying - or not as the case might be - at the moment. However, just one reservation, I'm sure that you can come up with two other examples that reflect that increasingly one could possibly form an opinion that there is a move towards us having to prove our innocence as opposed to the authorities having to prove our guilt.

13 minutes ago, old'un said:

its true that the wording is very much open to interpretation

The trouble is, the question of interpretation works both ways. The ink is not fully dry on GL26 (for Carrion Crows) and yet Wild Justice & their ambulance chasing solicitors  have evidently being analysing every single word, and have now challenged that. All the time a gullible public are slinging cash at Wild Justice you can bet your bottom dollar that the solicitors will gratefully putting in inflated invoices and crawling all over every single licence that gets produced, with the view to trying to trying to close all the legal loop holes. You wont find Packham & Avery digging into their own pockets thats for sure.

I have followed all advice and applied for licence to shoot crows ect, its now been a month two emails followed by a call, what a waste of time no replies to the emails the call i asked why i was waiting so long and it is now a matter of urgency as we have winter wheat and winter barley that has been flattened by the recent rain and wind, yesterday there were crows on three of these fields we have to protect our business can we take immediate action and shoot them? as all other tricks don't work.

1 hour ago, 24230 said:

I have followed all advice and applied for licence to shoot crows ect, its now been a month two emails followed by a call, what a waste of time no replies to the emails the call i asked why i was waiting so long and it is now a matter of urgency as we have winter wheat and winter barley that has been flattened by the recent rain and wind, yesterday there were crows on three of these fields we have to protect our business can we take immediate action and shoot them? as all other tricks don't work.

Yes, you can shoot the birds you have applied for in your individual licence.

Scroll to near bottom of page and its under the heading….If you need to kill birds before you get a licence …https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-control-certain-species

10 hours ago, old'un said:

Yes, you can shoot the birds you have applied for in your individual licence.

Scroll to near bottom of page and its under the heading….If you need to kill birds before you get a licence …https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wild-birds-licence-to-control-certain-species

Has I understand that the licence for crow s mean carrion crows .When the  damage to standing barley which is laid flat by the recent rain  is mostly by  rooks and jackdaws  for which there is not yet a individual licence which  should come under a GL  which I think is a long way off . The licence for crows can give  shooters  the wrong idea  in these circumstances .

Feltwad

17 minutes ago, Feltwad said:

Has I understand that the licence for crow s mean carrion crows .When the  damage to standing barley which is laid flat by the recent rain  is mostly by  rooks and jackdaws  for which there is not yet a individual licence which  should come under a GL  which I think is a long way off . The licence for crows can give  shooters  the wrong idea  in these circumstances .

Feltwad

There is an individual licence for the birds you mention, I have one…

licence.jpeg

Edited by old'un

43 minutes ago, old'un said:

There is an individual licence for the birds you mention, I have one…

licence.jpeg

I am confused I applied for mine some time ago  for   the spread of decease to livestock  and  damage to crops  on several organic farms  by rooks and jackdaws  but have not had any reply  I understood  they came under the GL .

Feltwad

Now as of Friday we have a legal challenge from WJ against the new GL26. 

This latest objection relates to two aspects of the licence, chiefly NE's approach to 'alternatives' and 'kept' in relation to the killing of Carrion Crows to protect Common Pheasants. In short, Wild Justice is questioning the fact that NE has not specified the circumstances in which there is no alternative to killing, while also inventing a new and unlawful definition of 'kept' which greatly expands the conditions under which Common Pheasants could be regarded as livestock. 

11 hours ago, Feltwad said:

I am confused I applied for mine some time ago  for   the spread of decease to livestock  and  damage to crops  on several organic farms  by rooks and jackdaws  but have not had any reply  I understood  they came under the GL .

Feltwad

Think you maybe confusing the new GL’s with the individual licence 19-03.

The new GL’s released so far are GL31 pigeons, GL28 Canada Geese and GL26 Carrion Crows, you do not have to apply for the new GL’s as they cover everyone similar to the old revoked GL04, GL05 and GL06.

Because the new GL licences will take some time to issue they released the 19-03 for individual shooters/farmers, these licences allow you to shoot any of the birds covered under the old GL licence but you must name the species you wish to kill and the reason why, plus what non-lethal methods you have tried.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Think you maybe confusing the new GL’s with the individual licence 19-03.

The new GL’s released so far are GL31 pigeons, GL28 Canada Geese and GL26 Carrion Crows, you do not have to apply for the new GL’s as they cover everyone similar to the old revoked GL04, GL05 and GL06.

Because the new GL licences will take some time to issue they released the 19-03 for individual shooters/farmers, these licences allow you to shoot any of the birds covered under the old GL licence but you must name the species you wish to kill and the reason why, plus what non-lethal methods you have tried.

The licence I applied for was 19-04  to prevent the spread of disease in livestock on a number of organic farms  for crows , rooks ,jackdaws , feral pigeons ,each day the numbers are increasing they contaminate the feeding and water  troughs ,different method have been tried but to no avail they are back with in minutes .

Feltwad