Miruku Experts?/

Zimtrout

Mirokus are fine guns, which tend to hold their value better than some other makes.. The early ones had barrels which were not chrome lined - you had to be careful about rust. The later ones MK38 onwards have chrome lined barrels. They also make most of the Belgian Company Browning's guns.

Edited by Gordon R

Hi Chaps

thank you for all the replies...

anybody know what model this miruku is... see the link below. The shop selling it did not know what model it was.

fixed choke and choked to 1/4 and 1/4

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/miroku-20-bore-20-bore-gauge-over-and-under/Shotguns/909744

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Flits in now and again!

ha, typical....

Looks like an ORE, they came with silver or black action, if its been looked after it will last you a life time and more, I have an 800sw its 45 years old now, had it from new and its never let me down.

black action..https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/miroku/over-under/12-gauge/ore-190216162538001

Edited by old'un

Had a 7000 sporter for nearly 30 years, not a thing went wrong, didn't see a gunsmith in 10,000s if not 100,000 shells.Traded "UP" to a new MK60 High Pheasant five years ago, absolute bag of s##t been back to the gunsmith every year since. The build quality has gone, probably not fired 3000 shells, but saying that it handles like a dream. You pays your money you take your chance.

There was a problem with proof markings on so of the early Miroku's . When measured it was not taken into consideration the differences between metric and imperial sizes .

As a result some guns were stamped up in a way that they only had a thou or two in proof ,others that were under the bore size stated . I would advise you request actual bore sizes and declared proof size to avoid potential future problems .

eg. Proof plug size .615" actual bore size .614" [as would be the metric size ] so the plug would not enter . It would therefore be marked as .605" effectively being .001" in proof .I use this as an example but with th proviso that Continental and Japanese guns tended to use .662" rather than .615" as standard bore size for 20 bore .

Dealt with Arthur for over 40 years - never had a duff deal.

17 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Just clicked the link it's from branthwaites 15 minutes away from my house I'm sure it will be a gooden he's been doing it years I highly recommend him. Go in if you can and see if it fits you etc very relaxed and friendly knowledgeable staff 👍