Im after a 9mm garden gun

Ozz

9mm garden  gun wanted .iv used a few of thease over the years in the polly tunels  idealy i  want either an old belgum made flip breach one or a modern chiappa folding one . Not to keen on the bolt actions i have some finger issues (restrictive movement) so loading is awkward dont want to spend a fortune and dont mind a day out to collect thanks oz

22 hours ago, Ozz said:

9mm garden  gun wanted .iv used a few of thease over the years in the polly tunels  idealy i  want either an old belgum made flip breach one or a modern chiappa folding one . Not to keen on the bolt actions i have some finger issues (restrictive movement) so loading is awkward dont want to spend a fortune and dont mind a day out to collect thanks oz

I've got one with a flip up breach and I think if you have restricted movement with fingers it might not be the best option. You'll need to thumb the hammer down etc and might be a bit of a fiddle. I think a break action would do the business in a more accessible way.  Falco do a break open one, as do Chiappa. I got mine from MGR guns near Lincoln and if you're happy to collect then they do some very good prices on the ammo. If I lived anywhere nearby they'd be my go to for that! 

Iv had the use of a .22 shot gun before (my mates dad called it the little dust gun) but it did its job ammo bit more expencive than the 9mm but still a tool we were gratefull of having around at the time.

Edited by Ozz
Info

Rats in the tunnels . we have raised planters made from concreat block was an idea to keep the pests down and to save my back .it worked for 2 years but out of nowhere loads have come . But its inbetween the walkways we shoot not near the poly itself also have wood around the bottom as a back stop for the 22 air rifle  .the air rifle was doing the job at first sitting quiet in a corner with rifle like a rat sniper but now we have droped the number of rats in the sheds n tunels were taking a more direct action style of hunting the little ******* and lifting things up and disturbing them and then geting them while they run .been quite hard with air rifle becuase of shorter distance and fast rats 410 way to powerfull even with 2"  carts .. but now after being the proud owner of a falco folding 9mm garden gun that was brought today 2 rats have already  come to an end .   

If anyone reads this and doubts the garden gun i say one thing .and that is get a modern one .we had a webley years ago that had a pattern about the size of a football at ten ft .this modern falco i got today 15 to 20 ft pattern the size of a big orange  exactly what we needed  .thanks edd will be seing u again no doubt .

Also im all sorted now so not looking for a 9mm any more but thanks for all the replies n messages ect

• 8 months later...

Just reading my little essay on about the little garden gun and I'm still impressed with it. I have a selection of ammo now  but still no no3 shot (hendrix)  but I'm keeping a dam good egar eye out for them but iv been shooting no7 and 71/2  and at some of the distance iv been using it stone dead kills with no runners today I shot the biggest rat we have ever seen about 40 foot away side on couldn't have positioned himself in a better place right in front of a courigated tin sheet shed  ****** just  rolled over and as usual evry time I get one with this little gun I still seem surprised? I'm out often with my semi 12b or the 410 ear defenders on but the little garden gun with no ear defenders casually chatting or walking about doing a bit of work ect it's made my air rife almost redundant.. I honestly think any smallholder who don't have one should just go and grab one. My o ly worry about the this is when the dreaded lead ban comes I doubt il be able to get ammo and it's OK stocking up but when that runs out it's out

With regards to your no.3 shot, load your own?

With a sharp knife pick the little cap off the top of the brass, empty out whatever is in there and replace with shot from another cartridge, then push that top card back into place. I've done it Inc with steel, if you search back on here I did put a few patterns up.

Just remember to stay the right of legal with at amount of pellets in your cartridge.