Rolls 

Butter or marge or neither

Toasted or not.

BACON

Smoked or unsmoked

grilled, fried, microwave or done in the oven

Rind on or off

Streaky or middle

slightly crispy? not too well done just a bit of colour? or incinerated?

Sauce

Ketchup or brown sauce. (Please no mention of mayonnaise it has no place on a bacon sarnie at all its the food of the devil, not dissimilar to its cousin Salad cream, now dont get me started on that ****) Mustard will however be tolerated.

Salt or pepper or both.

Just a bit of research.

Edited by fatchap

Have you tried a certain burger joints bacon roll? Well in keeping with the rest of thier menu its stone cold. And if you open it up and look really carefully justy next to the microscopic dot of brown sauce is what probably did look like bacon before Wayne the team leader nuked the hell out of it.

White Crusty rolls preferably, but white bloomer will suffice. Not toasted.

Thick cut smoked (this is non negotiable it'ss not bacon unless it is smoked IMHO) back bacon fried, with no added oil or fat, until the bacon fat has mostly rendered down.

Butter I can take or leave.

Sauce depends on what I fancy at the moment, but I prefer brown and it has to be HP.

Just pepper and lots of it.

Now I want a bacon roll or two :lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

White bloomer. Medium cut home cured (by my own fair hand) bacon. No butter but bread dipped in pan. Def no margarine - its banned in our house - eat too much of that and you'll grow another head. No sauce but the addition of a few mushrooms or an egg goes down well with me.

white bread .(tiger bread)...streaky bacon (medium done).utterly butterly..vinegar  (sarsons)....white pepper....brown sauce................(my arteries have just crumbled at the thought of it)

then put in mouth and feel the juice run down your chin....wipe with the back of you hand.........fresh cup of tea to hand....

1 minute ago, bluesj said:

A white stick with butter, bacon coloured, a large sausage cut down the middle, a couple of fried eggs, black pudding and mushrooms maybe a bit of melted cheese to stick it all together! 

Which is NOT a bacon Sarnie!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, bluesj said:

A white stick with butter, bacon coloured, a large sausage cut down the middle, a couple of fried eggs, black pudding and mushrooms maybe a bit of melted cheese to stick it all together! 

Thats a breakfast stick mate, and thats a whole different subject

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Thats a breakfast stick mate, and thats a whole different subject

you want a different story...how about...."a full breakfast stottie"...from Newcastle.........eat one a week and nothing else and you will still put on weight..:lol:

Preferably whit home baked crusty loaf buttered, streaky unsmoked bacon done till all the fat is golden brown and starting to crisp up. Then fast as you can onto the bread so butter melts and enjoy with a nice cup of tea.

My fave is same bacon with two eggs and a slice or two of black pudding white pepper on the eggs. Mm I want one now.

18 minutes ago, scouser said:

Whatever bacon you use, it has to be DRY cured, bought some stuff from supermarket (wife was away ) there was that much white slime off it , whole lot straight into the bin.

Thats nitrite I think usually get it from supermarket bacon, it does cook off but leaves a brown residue behind that so I'm told shields the bacon from the heat thats why on burger vans you always see them scraping it off the hot plate.

53 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Isn't Nitrite carcinogenic?

The nitrates used in commercial bacon production have been proven to be a massive risk factor in getting bowel cancer. This is why I have switched to nitrate free bacon. I ate some of the leftover normal stuff the other day and bleurgh! You could taste the difference. 

Nothing better than a decent bacon sandwich, but many years back a crowd of us went over to the Dutch TT at Assen, one afternoon in a cafe/restaurant meals had been ordered and when the food came out it was accompanied by the biggest platter of chips you’d ever seen.

One of the lads (known as Kermit) asked the waiter to bring us a plate of buttered sliced bread and to everyone’s surprise we made chip butties, this it appears was a new one to them and after tentatively trying one they declared to their customers that this was something not to be missed. 

Where by platters of chips and buttered bread were bought out for everyone to try, entente cordiale at it’s best.