Falcon fn19

strimmer_13

35 minutes ago, Rake aboot said:

Is it a two bolt one ?

By that I mean do you have to cock the hammer bolt and the loading bolt seprate ?

If it is you can "adjust " the power on these with a simple trick.

Yea the early models. I've wound the back screw in and still only 9ftlb. Considered a washer 

Hi strimmer_13 I have an old Titan Manitou forerunner of the FN19 and designed and built by John Bowkett

I had a problem with it leaking air so rather than faff about contacted John who was very helpful and in the end did a full service and 'tune' as in renewed / upgraded a few internal bits.

Came back spot on shoots like new and is more accurate than me! Well worth the money.

Think its running at around 11.8ft/lb with air arms field or JSB's

Yes its single shot but dont think I will ever part with it as its as good as, if not better than, some of the newer stuff thats about.

Edited by masmiffy
add text

2 hours ago, masmiffy said:

Hi strimmer_13 I have an old Titan Manitou forerunner of the FN19 and designed and built by John Bowkett

I had a problem with it leaking air so rather than faff about contacted John who was very helpful and in the end did a full service and 'tune' as in renewed / upgraded a few internal bits.

Came back spot on shoots like new and is more accurate than me! Well worth the money.

Think its running at around 11.8ft/lb with air arms field or JSB's

Yes its single shot but dont think I will ever part with it as its as good as, if not better than, some of the newer stuff thats about.

I cant fault it really, my main issues have been with previous owners. I replaced all the seals but when I took the exhaust valve out, I noticed it had been scored by a drill bit on the brass valve assembly internally . How the hell it originally held any pressure back ill never know. Obviously somebody had tried a homemade tune and rammed a bigger o ring in. So had to order the whole unit off Mr robb, in stainless steel. That was a 4 week wait and when it turned up, it was not turned the same as the original. Typical. Nothing lined up. Useless. I couldn't be ***** arguing with him, and filed down the block my self to line the screws up. Took hours to get it spot on. Finally put it all together using o rings I'd bought of the size guide (and eBay) I posted ages ago, done the washing up liquid test and finally no leaks. 

Re oiled the stock, chronoed it and horror 9ftlb. 

Im going to have a play with it tonight, they are so simple it must be just a tiny adjustment to get it up. 

Id rather sell my fx then this falcon, I love the looks, and obviously when it's working right, the accuracy (although can't complain about that part with the fx either 😂

Ive always had a theory as well regarding single shots, i learned every aspect of shooting with a 1 shot set up, be it break barrel, underlever,. 410 bolt or a single 12 and you made that shot count. As I got older and richer, you get 2 barrels, or a multishot mag, and i truly believe that (especially with a shotgun) that the first shot is only about 75% efficient as you know you have a back up. When i was using a single I believe I put more effort and field craft into getting it right. Use a single get back to basics 👍

Edited by strimmer_13

Right the story unfolds

This falcon has been on a journey 😂 

Last resort I ordered a prairie fac hammer spring. 

Didnt work, gave 1 ftlb extra so was hitting 10.5ftlb. 

Went back into the internals and ground the extra long valve ordered off tr robb to the standard length. Different lube in the hammer chamber. No polishing at all. Also while there changed the o ring in the valve. 

Wound the hammer out to around 3/4. This is the result. 

Screenshot_20190616_133328_com.teamomnes.airguncalc.jpg

Ideal. Could push for more but i like staying safer then most.

Now to just get that bloody oring on the screw that holds the bolt in line. It's a bitch 

Knibbs trigger unit 

Tr robb valve 

Tr robb stainless exhaust body 

Orings off ebay

Knibbs fac trigger 

Might get a ultra or scorpion next 😅

Edited by strimmer_13