Cowards and no one stepped in!!!

washerboy

On the face of it , it seems like a particularly vile and cowardly attack , by vile and cowardly bullies.

Speaking as an ex doorman, women can be a nightmare when they're drunk , and are often worse than the blokes.when working a door  I would treat every woman ( no matter how drunk,drugged,aggressive ) in the same way that I would like another doorman to treat my , wife,sister,mother,or daughter, right up to the point that they try to take a swing at me, then they got treated like a bloke.

On the radio this morning I heard that one of the ladies "played along with the banter for a bit, hoping that it would appease the men" read into that what you will. 

But regardless, if that was your sister or daughter, you'd want to smash the naughty little boys responsible until their jaw fell off. 

Edited by BenBhoy

11 hours ago, walshie said:

How did the attackers know this couple was gay?

Perhaps they were holding hands, perhaps they had been seen kissing each other. Doesn't justify being beaten up and robbed unless you think they were asking for it by flaunting their sexuality.

I can't really comment on what the media has reported, as obviously, I dont know the circumstances of this particular incident, however I am aware that governments can control peoples actions, to a certain extent, by introducing legislation designed to protect minorities against physical/verbal manifestations of some people's dislike of various "differences".........however legislation can't control what's in people's minds!........And sometimes, given the right degree of provocation (whatever that may be?)......what's in some people's minds spills out, and turns into something more verbal/physical!....the answer, as I see it is, if you are "different" from the norm (or the accepted norm) and you wish to avoid other people's thoughts spilling out into something other than thoughts! Don't overtly exhibit that 'difference', unless of course your agenda is one of political activism, where your intention is to provoke a response!

If the young ladies were holding hands, embracing, even kissing, how is that provocation ?

They're doing no harm, minding their own business, going about their lives.........

There is no excuse, no excuse, for yobbish behaviour and I hope that the perpetrators are appropriately punished !

I know I'll get flak for this but, why would two girls go upstairs on a night bus?? I know they should be able to but if you know it's a bad area??

I've done the ale trail between Manchester and Leeds a couple of times, real party atmosphere with loads of people on and off trains, I was surprised to see police and other officials on the trains, but haven't seen any trouble before.

4 hours ago, toontastic said:

Perhaps they were holding hands, perhaps they had been seen kissing each other. Doesn't justify being beaten up and robbed unless you think they were asking for it by flaunting their sexuality.

I asked a question. Did you just assume I thought they were asking for it? 

We are supposed to be living in enlightened times, but as much as some would like that to be the case, it isn’t like flicking a switch,  and generations worth of homophobic indoctrination by individuals, governments and society in general, will take some undoing. 

As for CCTV, all it does is deter the law abiding from indiscretions; it has absolutely no effect on those who dont abide by societies rules. On a return train journey yesterday, the announcer proclaimed that each carriage was equipped with cctv and even audio surveillance equipment ‘ for your security and safety’. Really? 😃

Initially you'd think that it's not  a massive issue. **** happens. If you 're on a bus and somebody wants to pick on you for some reason, well that's just how it's always worked unfortunately..At least normally.  But apparently though these were women, not men pretending to be women, and a bunch of blokes beat them up. What the hell's that all about? When did it become OK to attack women at all?

9 hours ago, toontastic said:

unless you think they were asking for it by flaunting their sexuality.

That's what they say in Saudi if they uncover their hair.