Ditchman would be proud of me.

JDog

I am a bit ****ated when it comes to all matters practical. However I do have what passes for a work bench and a £10 vice and I spent a couple of hours this afternoon fiddling about. Sadly I cannot reveal what I was working on but at least I made an effort.

post script... the material I was working with may be carcinogenic so this may be my final post.

30AAECC2-F5F4-4B53-A708-8F7DA31154F6.jpeg

We could never afford to use toilet rolls like the one on your bench Mr JDog , ours are the cheap ones where you have to double the sheets up to be on the safe side , mind you they are a vast improvement from the bits of the News Of The World we used to use that were on a nail in the outside loo :lol:

I think that JDog is making a new line in pigeon distress calls in order, not only to capitalise on the current market for these, so that all pigeon watch members can comply fully with the requirements of GL31, but also to make himself an absolute fortune in the process. I'm surprised that no one has thought of this before. 

12 hours ago, JDog said:

I am a bit ****ated when it comes to all matters practical. However I do have what passes for a work bench and a £10 vice and I spent a couple of hours this afternoon fiddling about. Sadly I cannot reveal what I was working on but at least I made an effort.

post script... the material I was working with may be carcinogenic so this may be my final post.

30AAECC2-F5F4-4B53-A708-8F7DA31154F6.jpeg

Well, if it's not pigeon distress calls, then I think that you've been nicking those fibre glass markers that the farmers use and are making sticks to hold up the necks of shot pigeons in order to scare more away as suggested in GL31.

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

Well done OB, spot on. Ginger Cat suggested I put points on them and what a fiddly job it is too.

As for the pictures, the one on the right shows a Lady hunter jumping a hedge. Part of her riding habit has come off to reveal frilly knickers. The picture is entitled ‘Giving the lads a lead’. The middle one is more subtle. In the background is a line of guns shooting. In the foreground a picker up is holding a horse. Up the tree is one of the guns in a compromising position with the lady who owns the horse. The picture is entitled ‘Taking a high bird in the park’.

24 minutes ago, JDog said:

Well done OB, spot on. Ginger Cat suggested I put points on them and what a fiddly job it is too.

If they are the fibre glass sticks, which I suspect they are, careful not to get the fibres in your hands. Can I suggest that when you've put points on them, dip the points in varnish, glue or something just to prevent further splitting and splintering.

OB