Bsa ultra

moxey

So questions first .

Which bsa ultra ? Older mmc or newer se version .

On the older mmc. There was no factory gauge.but i know xtx and others did a gauge to fit on the end of the air tube .

It was a direct replacement for the standard fill valve .but it extended the airtube around 25 mm this could mean depending on exactly which model the extension would foul and silencer you may want to fit . (This was very true for the scorpion t10 carbine ) and a 30mm barrel extension was available to solve the issue. 

The standard ultra se has a gauge fitted to the underside of the airtube .depending on the stock type .wood or syth the banjo that holds the gauge is different lengths .

There were some single shot ultras (with a bolt ,but without a gauge - or hole in the stock ) these would be tricky to fit without changing the stock for one with a hole or drilling one in your original. 

As far as just changing over a faulty or different colour gauge then shoot all  the air out the gun and unscrew the gauge with your fingers (its on an oring ) the reverse the process .never tighten it up too much (ie with a spanner ) it will crush the oring and make it leak.

Very easy to do .

Ps dont  use ptfe tape to seal on the threads .if its leaking then the oring is squashed or you just need another 1/4 turn .

Ptfe is a bodge and there should be no bodges where 250 bar is concerned.

didnt know it was seated on an "O" ring....:crazy:..........i shall just dissapear off into the sunset...

i was going to suggest a bit of boss white and a few strands of hemp...(im sure they use that at NASA for a few things)

Edited by ditchman

11 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

So questions first .

On the older mmc. There was no factory gauge.but i know xtx and others did a gauge to fit on the end of the air tube .

It was a direct replacement for the standard fill valve .but it extended the airtube around 25 mm this could mean depending on exactly which model the extension would foul and silencer you may want to fit . (This was very true for the scorpion t10 carbine ) and a 30mm barrel extension was available to solve the issue. 

The standard ultra se has a gauge fitted to the underside of the airtube .depending on the stock type .wood or syth the banjo that holds the gauge is different lengths .

There were some single shot ultras (with a bolt ,but without a gauge - or hole in the stock ) these would be tricky to fit without changing the stock for one with a hole or drilling one in your original. 

As far as just changing over a faulty or different colour gauge then shoot all  the air out the gun and unscrew the gauge with your fingers (its on an oring ) the reverse the process .never tighten it up too much (ie with a spanner ) it will crush the oring and make it leak.

Very easy to do .

Ps dont  use ptfe tape to seal on the threads .if its leaking then the oring is squashed or you just need another 1/4 turn .

Yes it's just a standard ultra se. gauge under stock cheers neil

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

didnt know it was seated on an "O" ring..............i shall just dissapear off into the sunset...

i was going to suggest a bit of boss white and a few strands of hemp...(im sure they use that at NASA for a few things)

Ditchy that is still the best thread sealant for hot water heating pipes.  All the new fangled stuff don't work as good. Lasts many decades too.

Edited by figgy

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

So questions first .

Very easy to do .

im clearly out of my league when it comes to precharged weapons...i wouldnt know where to start....they are just a totally different ball game to me .............:good:

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im clearly out of my league when it comes to precharged weapons...i wouldnt know where to start....they are just a totally different ball game to me .............:good:

hello, i am sure you would have no problem on PCPs Simon, its a pretty basic concept in design, check out some strip down guides, replacing the O rings is what most needs doing and a good cleaning of parts,    

I would be more akin to using a liquid lock or thread sealer, it would cure and fill the voids better, PTFE is good, after all it is the base for Gor-Tex but I would not feel its as capable as a lot of very well designed liquid solutions considering the pressure involved.

Edited by Chaz25

On 07/06/2019 at 23:02, ditchman said:

didnt know it was seated on an "O" ring..............i shall just dissapear off into the sunset...

Proper job.

On 09/06/2019 at 17:57, Chaz25 said:

maybe the boss white an hemp is not such a bad idea? as I recall NASA and the use of "o" rings did not go to well........

Hhahaha............when norfolk sent their rocket to the moon....just before take off some little scroat wanged a stone on the pilots window and bust it....so using gud ole norfolk know how sum ole boy went up the ladder with sum gaffer tape and a bin bag and mended it....job was a gooden...and good value for money...:good:

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

Hhahaha............when norfolk sent their rocket to the moon....just before take off some little scroat wanged a stone on the pilots window and bust it....so using gud ole norfolk know how sum ole boy went up the ladder with sum gaffer tape and a bin bag and mended it....job was a gooden...and good value for money...:good:

I heard that when Norfolkstan were going to sent a rocket to the sun, someone queried whether it would be too hot, they replied -:

"We`ve already thought of that, we`re going at night`.

OB

• 4 weeks later...