PARD NV019 Spotter

steve_b_wales

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've just been looking (Facebook) at the new spotter being released soon from PARD. It looks good and should retail between £230 - £245.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18mxJLb5A7g

299 dollars is the price I've seen as a guide, I think e can safely say that will translate to 299 pounds when it gets here, end of the month I've heard.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Seems a lot of money to do what my BOBLOV does for £70.

It's all about the screen clarity, the Boblov is a 320x200 the pard will 640x480 or even 640x800.

They've missed a serious trick by not fitting it with a rangefinder though, and for that reason I probably wont get them until they bring out the next model ..with rangefinder. 

25 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

No mate but I think this spotter could be useful. I still like to see them lit up when I shoot them lol

Certainly would mate and at that price not a huge outlay. I used to use  nitesite spotter and then whack them with the nightmaster torch on rifle. Worked well to be fair on my first night vision forays. Once they were committed and the light came on it usually puts brakes on perfect. You get really good numbers with lamp but I would be sure a spotter would help with awkward ones

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have looked at those before, how clear is the screen at night and do you need extra I/R, where did you buy yours ?  cheers  

I purchased mine off the web.  The inbuilt IR is adequate out to 100yrds but it has an integral rail underneath and I added the Hawke IR which I had anyway which also has three settings. This lets me see well over 200yrds and easily identify rabbits as well as bigger animals. I don't need to see the whiskers on a target, just see it and identify it.  The one minus if anything is that it does eat batteries and will use up a battery in about an hour..hour and half, if used every few minutes to check out your area.  I just carry as spare battery...both rechargeables and just takes a few seconds to change them over.  Certainly more than adequate to do the job,  spot, identify.    The other useful unit is the Fox at around £110 which is more like a pair of binos and I might be buying one of those in the near future having looked at a friends Fox NV.     I have no doubt the Pard will be very good but I would rather spend the difference on ammunition.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

299 dollars is the price I've seen as a guide, I think e can safely say that will translate to 299 pounds when it gets here, end of the month I've heard.

It's all about the screen clarity, the Boblov is a 320x200 the pard will 640x480 or even 640x800.

They've missed a serious trick by not fitting it with a rangefinder though, and for that reason I probably wont get them until they bring out the next model ..with rangefinder. 

My BOBLOV gives me sufficient clarity to identify.  I know my areas very well after 30yrs of wandering around them and so don't need a rangefinder, I have one inbuilt.

14 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Certainly would mate and at that price not a huge outlay. I used to use  nitesite spotter and then whack them with the nightmaster torch on rifle. Worked well to be fair on my first night vision forays. Once they were committed and the light came on it usually puts brakes on perfect. You get really good numbers with lamp but I would be sure a spotter would help with awkward ones

Agree mate I don't need NV til after xmas when the only foxes left are the educated ones.So I think it may give me the edge on these ones also it will be more discreet in some places near houses etc where don't want lamp flicking about....

16 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

hello, was that a red pil  nightmaster torch ? i just bought a night saber NS 48 with new red HPR pil still to try in the field with hand held N/V spotter, i tried before with not much success lamping as such so thought with these light evenings and not realy dark till 10 pm will try again instead of my Photon, saying that the red beam seems a bit poor for shooting with a day scope. any advice as to get the best from using a torch appreciated, cheers  

22 minutes ago, kennett said:

I hope it lasts longer than my pard007, and you get better support from the seller!

hello, what went wrong with yours and did not the seller help, 

All of my foxing these days is from static positions in high seats on known routes....four trail cams out.  I have had foxes come right under the seat, sense the IR from the spotter and do a short run 50-60yrds and then stop and look back to see what it was...perfect.  Those which come into view at distance are not put off by the IR and I try not to educate them.  I have photos of foxes , badgers and squirrels actually nose up against the IR on the cameras, sniffing to see what it is.   

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, was that a red pil  nightmaster torch ? i just bought a night saber NS 48 with new red HPR pil still to try in the field with hand held N/V spotter, i tried before with not much success lamping as such so thought with these light evenings and not realy dark till 10 pm will try again instead of my Photon, saying that the red beam seems a bit poor for shooting with a day scope. any advice as to get the best from using a torch appreciated, cheers  

hello, what went wrong with yours and did not the seller help, 

Green pill but any colour will work. Obviously the red pill always makes clarity harder. Anything has to be a improvement on a photon in my opinion. But you don't want me to go on about that. I use a top spec thermal spotter and NV and shoot god numbers of foxes every year. It has improved my bag considerably. but I would be confident to go out with a old lamp shotgun with no digital caller and still shoot foxes. I would imagine there are a lot, which I know a few. if you took there hi tec gear away they would really struggle. Get out and learn from your mistakes

1 minute ago, bumpy22 said:

Green pill but any colour will work. Obviously the red pill always makes clarity harder. Anything has to be a improvement on a photon in my opinion. But you don't want me to go on about that. I use a top spec thermal spotter and NV and shoot god numbers of foxes every year. It has improved my bag considerably. but I would be confident to go out with a old lamp shotgun with no digital caller and still shoot foxes. I would imagine there are a lot, which I know a few. if you took there hi tec gear away they would really struggle. Get out and learn from your mistakes

hello, thanks bumpy,

3 hours ago, kennett said:

@oldypigeonpopper I got mine out of the cupboard last week and when turned on there is only a small square of snow displayed in the top corner of the screen. So far emailed once, and called twice to be told they will leave a message with whoever I need to speak to, so far no contact in 2 weeks. 

hello, i checked a few forums and there has been a few faults with the Pard 007 but not one you mention, they do have a 1 year warranty so i would continue to contact the seller, or post a formal letter and if they do not reply send another saying you will go to small claims court, i had this a few years back and know how you feel after paying out a fair bit of money, i eventually got a refund, hope you can sort yours out, cheers   

11 hours ago, kennett said:

@oldypigeonpopper I got mine out of the cupboard last week and when turned on there is only a small square of snow displayed in the top corner of the screen. So far emailed once, and called twice to be told they will leave a message with whoever I need to speak to, so far no contact in 2 weeks. 

Name and shame time. 

15 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Aye Bumpy it amazes me how many fox shooters cant call a fox in by hand...I get a lot of satisfaction from hand calling. How did we manage to shoot foxes before thermal and nv 😁😛

I'll start a separate thread on my experiences with the Pard NV007, once I get it on the correct rifle!  But in summary, at air rifle ranges it will make the pee fluoresce on the end of a bunny's bell-end!  I was having the devils' own job getting focusing right last night.  And as for using it as a spotter, identifying the target, then locking it onto scope...fiddly, and the focus of course is way out.  I can practice, but sadly not at home in suburbia in Bristol as there's way too much streetlight.