PARD NV019 Spotter

steve_b_wales

• 1 month later...

hello, i now find it difficult to use a monocular type  night vision having to use specs, so i have bought a screen type spotter, ok for 150 yards 200 at a push, i tried it at 10 pm and did not need I/R but the dark winter nights i would expect to use, i bought this off custom rifle scopes, 

Finally got hold of these yesterday, and gave them a quick test last night.

I think Id hyped myself up to think the image  would look as good as a 007/008, in a unit that cost half as much +.
Its good , but its not that good, the built in IR is excellent, the screen is much larger than the 007/8, and the unit is overall larger to accommodate .
The savings have been made on  the screen and sensor, larger screens with the same resolution are much cheaper, and this is a budget spotter.
The unit is a bit plasticky, if it wasnt it would be far too heavy.

Range and detection exceed 200 yards, and a better IR or laser would be pointless, its like a floodlight !
Zoom is around 6 x , and then theres 2x digital zoom on top of that, the zoom and focus are fast , you need less than a quarter turn 1-6 x
All usual record functions with card fitted (not supplied)

It comes with a hand strap, battery and charging lead.

Ill try and post a video soon.

hello, looks good to me, i get the same distance with my hand held N/V spotter (Boblov type) but it is not as clear on the screen as this Pard and i need to use extra I/R with a T38 with AS pil, the screen type i bought recently is much better but only good for 150 yards, i am sure it will be a very popular night vision spotter with those who shoot at night

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 16/07/2019 at 10:16, Rewulf said:

Finally got hold of these yesterday, and gave them a quick test last night.

I think Id hyped myself up to think the image  would look as good as a 007/008, in a unit that cost half as much +.
Its good , but its not that good, the built in IR is excellent, the screen is much larger than the 007/8, and the unit is overall larger to accommodate .
The savings have been made on  the screen and sensor, larger screens with the same resolution are much cheaper, and this is a budget spotter.
The unit is a bit plasticky, if it wasnt it would be far too heavy.

Range and detection exceed 200 yards, and a better IR or laser would be pointless, its like a floodlight !
Zoom is around 6 x , and then theres 2x digital zoom on top of that, the zoom and focus are fast , you need less than a quarter turn 1-6 x
All usual record functions with card fitted (not supplied)

It comes with a hand strap, battery and charging lead.

Ill try and post a video soon.

hello, did you make a video Rewulf ?

hello, after this discussion early this year has any PW member bought one and what reviews, could not get on with a screen type, need glasses with my old n/v spotter, CRS do an upgrade so anyone tried one from Ash, cheers

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, did you make a video Rewulf ?

hello, after this discussion early this year has any PW member bought one and what reviews, could not get on with a screen type, need glasses with my old n/v spotter, CRS do an upgrade so anyone tried one from Ash, cheers

Check video footage on Youtube.

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Ill do something at the weekend. 

The focus issue is easily sorted by using the lens's I supply with them. 

They are a good cheap spotting solution. 

hello, is that the same lenses as  CRS , i was out tonight with my old nv spotter like the pard but my glasses keep misting up, need to think of something for this problem, it would be the same for a pard unless those extra lenses will be better so i would not need to use my glasses, i have to use my scopes and nv diopter at maximum setting, cheers

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, is that the same lenses as  CRS , i was out tonight with my old nv spotter like the pard but my glasses keep misting up, need to think of something for this problem, it would be the same for a pard unless those extra lenses will be better so i would not need to use my glasses, i have to use my scopes and nv diopter at maximum setting, cheers

Yes they are the same lens's, you can screw them together to get the right diopter adjustment, so even the worst eyes it will work. 

Can't say about fogging really, I think anything will fog if it's cold enough! 

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Yes they are the same lens's, you can screw them together to get the right diopter adjustment, so even the worst eyes it will work. 

Can't say about fogging really, I think anything will fog if it's cold enough! 

hello, ok thanks, i just bought some anti mist spray for my glasses, look forward to the video 

• 2 months later...