Father’s Day gifts

team tractor

Southport flower show is nice in August. Not as horrific on the prices as Chelsea and runs over 4 days.

Bridgemere garden world is nice to visit. It's over 50 acres. Lovely restaurant and a cafe good selection of plants. A few extras like Cotton traders, Hobbycraft  Pavers etc. Entry is free, but for a small extra charge they have a selection of display gardens from RHS shows they have bought and maintained. Best present is to be  accompanied by yourself.

https://www.wyevalegardencentres.co.uk/product/2120

Edited by loriusgarrulus

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What’s your budget? 

I’d try and book a place or an experience where you can both go and do something together, if that’s catch a fish or shoot or whatever 👍🏻 

Take a great pic of it and post it on your wall framed :)

i like this idea :good:

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What’s your budget? 

I’d try and book a place or an experience where you can both go and do something together, if that’s catch a fish or shoot or whatever 👍🏻 

Take a great pic of it and post it on your wall framed

We fish together on my duck syndicate but still might not be a bad idea

7 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Nice new penknife .

Or pocket tool .

He’s got his dads penknife in his pocket every day still. It is worn out tho. Maybe it’s due retirement, like my dad 😂

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

We fish together on my duck syndicate but still might not be a bad idea

He’s got his dads penknife in his pocket every day still. It is worn out tho. Maybe it’s due retirement, like my dad 😂

hello, is it possible to buy a new one of the same make and model ?

26 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

Send the knife to ditchy for a refurb. 😎

put a picture up of it.....to see what i have got to work with..............:good:

get him a subscription to a magazine...then he will have something all year...............

The day out together sounds like a good idea then maybe a pub lunch at his favourite local or favourite restaurant to finish the day off. Or see if he needs anymore tackle small things like hooks , line , feeders , sinkers etc I find it a brilliant present when someone gets me something I use regularly 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, is it possible to buy a new one of the same make and model ?

I think it’s 70 years old. Was my grandads.

no markings either mate

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

put a picture up of it.....to see what i have got to work with..............:good:

get him a subscription to a magazine...then he will have something all year...............

I’ll try get hold of it :) 

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Nath 

If he takes after you then I suggest a good First Aid kit ..........

He’s worse ;) 

59 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

As others have eluded to here, give him your time, something not all of us have the privilege to give our fathers. ATB

Well said - gave my father a huge hug the other day, not something we would normally do, but the ravages of Alzheimer’s means things are changing rapidly.

1 hour ago, twenty said:

Don't know your budget, but an air balloon ride is a fantastic experience........maybe for you both ?

I think he would be sick 🤢. Cool idea tho

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Well said - gave my father a huge hug the other day, not something we would normally do, but the ravages of Alzheimer’s means things are changing rapidly.

I work 4 days a week with mine and give him a big hug everyday still. I’m 37 and know the harsh reality of illness and age. 

Now I have kids I realise how much my dad must love me