Do people try and fix things anymore?

ph5172

14 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

That's a fair assessment. 

I used to have a landrover. taught me loads about mechanics. I spent more time under the bloody thing than I did in the cab. 

Their popularity is just romance. They fall to bits, are badly put together and they aren't any better off road than most other 4x4's

I bought a Hilux after that. I've changed the oil, filters etc every 6000 miles (interval is much longer 6000 is habit for me.) and the brakes once in over 80,000 miles. It's more comfortable, Better on fuel, doesn't lose oil from every part of the engine, and is just as good off road. 

Yep, they are drafty, noisy, smoky, rattlely drop oil and the rest. Mine is 43 years old, I have had it coming 10 years and it has let me down once with broken halfshaft.  I wish i was young enough to see how many 80s and 90s 4x4s are still on the road after 43 years

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I'll have a go at most things, usually with more enthusiasm than knowledge but, if it's already broken, what's the worst that can happen ?

All you need is a YouTube tutorials and away you go............

Electrocute yourself, flood the house, blow it up, get grease on your teeshirt. :lol:

5 hours ago, walshie said:

Electrocute yourself, flood the house, blow it up, get grease on your teeshirt. 

Or worse, anger the wife because you spent the whole day in the shed, tinkering with "that bloody old junk of yours", when she had much more important things planned.......... like shopping or visiting her mum !