A nice news story for once

washerboy

Well deserved !

When I was a boy, there was a lady in our street, who everyone called "Auntie Dorothy". All the kids loved her and all the parents held her in great respect. She fostered over 50 kids and adopted twin boys herself.

They all do an unbelievable and selfless service to society !

Good about time a lot of carers have cared for many children. Me and my wife have been f/c for over twenty years and cared for over 42 children and adopted a child  who we picked up from the hospital at birth. YES i did have my own children and lots of grand kids and great grand kids so please do not think are they cant have there own kids so they want my kids.  Some of the abuse  i have seen done to a child  from babies to teenagers will want most of you go and cry  and it is getting worse every day sexual and physical abuse to babies and toddlers by some mum and dads and family members.  Sorry but years of seeing and training makes you  to be on your guard at all times. Some social workers are u s and do not care a dame others work there socks of and really do care. I have left now as a carer but who knows what will happen.  

7 hours ago, washerboy said:

Fully deserves an award 

BBC News - Foster parents honoured for 'changing lives'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-48548610

fantastic ! and well deserved 

I lodged with an elderly lady in Exmoor years ago,  she was a retired foster mother to many people in her lifetime, Sunday lunch was a real event, as children she had cared for turned up with their children, her cottage was filled to bursting as they got stuck in preparing dinner 

When I was very young my Mum fostered 2 babies. One stayed with us for about 5 years, he was a tiny scrap of a boy from Nigerian parents. 

One time my mum was pushing a double buggy holding him and my younger sister who was not a lot older than him. Some older woman saw them and remarked to her shopping companion "see I told you it could happen".

This was quite a while ago now, when he got old enough for school he was the first black child in our primary school.

Mum worked so hard on the 2 kids, the boy and his family have kept in touch with her which has been nice for her. 

As for fostering huge numbers,  I can fully understand how those people ended up doing so. Pretty remarkable and they deserve the recognition.