Meghan....

Gunnut

17 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So how does that work.  Taxpayers pay for everything like back in the day or do they draw a set paycheck per year to do royal stuff.  

she i believe is on the civil list...as is her husband...........the boy needs to find his backbone again...he was quite happy flying attack choppers and killing people...but now does he is told by merkel...who has made it very clear she does not like him involved in country sports

22 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So how does that work.  Taxpayers pay for everything like back in the day or do they draw a set paycheck per year to do royal stuff.  

I understand the royals are funded from the public purse via the government, by a yearly grant which is called the civil list! Independent of this they also receive money from property and landholdings they own by dint of their royal status!......and receive an income from other business interests!

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

she i believe is on the civil list...as is her husband...........the boy needs to find his backbone again...he was quite happy flying attack choppers and killing people...but now does he is told by merkel...who has made it very clear she does not like him involved in country sports

I believe it's Ms Markle, as was........not the German Chancellor telling him what to do? Lol! And your right....her thumb appears to be having a detrimental effect on his follicular health! 

You drunk that crate of red already Ditchie? 😜

For Pity's sake, shes just a person who married into the royal family, And she must have been very brave and personally committed to to have done it. No normal person, particularly with private means would subject themselves to the kind of intrusive personal scrutiny that the Royals currently have to put up with. They're just people after all.

Queeny has sumat like 85% of the income from the Crown Estate take by the treasury and then voluntarily pays higher rate tax on the 15% she gets. 

The Sovereign Grant took place of the civil list and is more than covered by the 85%. 

There aren't that many people on the SG and the Queen gets covered for official duties. 

This is from memory so is approximate.