Credit where it’s due TVP

Just want to say that TVP have been great from start to finish during my FAC application. I applied for a FAC for .22wmr and .243.   I’ve just received my cert in the post, it’s taken 12 weeks start to finish. When I called them or had a question they were very helpful. It looks like the horror stories of 1 year + waits may be over for grants and from what I’ve heard most variations are being processed within 7 days. Certainly seems like the licensing dept are heading in the right direction! 

7 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

Just out of interest did you have to have a mentor for the 243 ?

Hi, no to the mentor. I asked if I could put some one down and the response was that they do not allow mentors any more. I had to gain experience and have a letter from them to state that my rifle handling, knowledge of backstops and safety was adequate and also that I have produced clean kill. In other words to make sure I was competent.

Sounds like they are moving the goal posts again ! Dyfed powys were still talking about a mentor condition when i phoned them recently . there should be a national straightforward way to sort this I.E. a recognised training course for rifle handling or something .

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:58, Blacksheep said:

Sounds like they are moving the goal posts again ! Dyfed powys were still talking about a mentor condition when i phoned them recently . there should be a national straightforward way to sort this I.E. a recognised training course for rifle handling or something .

There may well be differences in regions around the country but Mentors were never a legal requirement, just an option some regions considered a good idea.

So not moving the goalposts as such, just moving on, some may say this is better!! :hmm::good: