The resilience of youth!

Retsdon

My kids (6 and 8re learning to roller-blade. They're past the first stage of basic control and  they know a few skills, but really, skating backwards or stopping  doesn't motivate them to the extent that going as as fast as they can until they hit something  and fall over does. It's the need for speed thing I suppose.

But when it all goes pear-shaped into a mass of limbs I'm thinking if I did that, my cruciate ligament would be toast and I'd be walking on crutches for, probably the rest of my life. But the kids  just pick themselves up as if nothing happened at all. It's quite amazing.

And I'm really, really jealous of them!

Edited by Retsdon

I'd dont bend or bounce anything like I used to ! I have to sit down to put my trousers on and make a funny grunt, when I pick something up off the floor. It takes me two goes to stand up from the settee and the parts that don't hurt don't work anymore. I put my pyjamas on at the time I used to think about going out for the night.

I came, I saw, I got distracted, I've completely forgot what I was doing and now I need to pee............

"Youth is wasted on the young"

George Bernard Shaw (?)