Whats your status. In life?

clay shooter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im definitely privileged, have a 5 acre croft in a beautiful place, I work a 15 hour day through the summer supplying food for visitors and spend my winter fishing and shooting, [filling the freezers for next summer. ] most of my croft is planted to enhance wildlife, whilst the rest is for growing veg, Its been a long hard struggle but im where i want to be and im very grateful... thats my bit planted in V's

northton-area-isle-of-harris-outer-hebrides-western-isles-highlands-C48YC5.jpg.335e3b528f85b6fafa409fc55f46ab98.jpg

Tired and retired , they say hard work never hurt you , it don't but it certainly wear you out .

Same as Harnser .... good luck to those who want to carry on past retirement , I have been a brick layer most of my working life and never been out of work from the day I left school to the day I hung my trowel up .

Now it's a case of enjoying whatever time I have got left .

I was forced to give up work by the good Lady's frequent bouts of ill health and heart problems of my own.

I was a qualified nurse, but I've also been (among other things) a  "pathological anatomy technician", retail security guard, warehouse worker, lorry driver, care home manager, screen printer........whatever paid the bills !

3 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I was forced to give up work by the good Lady's frequent bouts of ill health and heart problems of my own.

I was a qualified nurse, but I've also been (among other things) a  "pathological anatomy technician", retail security guard, warehouse worker, lorry driver, care home manager, screen printer........whatever paid the bills !

Like me A drone!

Consultant Gynaecologist

well, I say Consultant Gynaecologists I am more of an unqualified enthusiastic amateur.

Electrical Engineer looking forward to/wanting to retire but having to work,to pay off debts left me by a very close relative from a previous incarnation.

kept sane by 6 granddaughters and one grandson.....oldest 9, youngest 10 months and loving every minute of it

I am one of the idle poor.   In other words, a pensioner, after half a century involved in agric engineering in UK and 3rd world countries.   We live economically and manage OK on about 1/8th of the income paid to the quack who charged £200 for my tick-box SGC renewal form.   I don't think that makes us rich, but we are privileged to have been able to move to a small hamlet in a beautiful part of the country.   Currently busy constructing fruit cage and raised beds in the garden, and building a garage, just finished mending a cuckoo clock, booked to fix daughter's car door locks next weekend, etc, etc  -- probably the same sort of tasks that many other PW members get involved with in their "spare" time.

Sorry to hear about some of the above members bad luck with health related problems , one of the reasons I called it a day on my 60th birthday was so I could enjoy what time I had left with reasonable health , no point in having a large bank account and not being well enough to do the things you haven't had time to do when you were working .

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Sorry to hear about some of the above members bad luck with health related problems , one of the reasons I called it a day on my 60th birthday was so I could enjoy what time I had left with reasonable health , no point in having a large bank account and not being well enough to do the things you haven't had time to do when you were working .

My sainted mother (77) always says " There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard !"