Whats your status. In life?

clay shooter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repair molds.  General machining, building hydraulic cylinders ect.....   We are pretty poor by American standards.  But better off then 90% of the world.  Every thing I own is paid for so I feel richer then I am.  I got laid off from work a while back.  I had enough put back to buy a place near the ocean with cash.  I fished for two years before I looked for work.   We still have the beach house and go down about once a month. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Apprentice Electrician. I’ll be 36 next month so I’m doing the adult traineeship rather than the normal apprenticeship. I work all hours I’m offered in order to pay the bills, spend time with my wife and girls on Sundays. Shooting has to be carefully squeezed in! 

total waster..1st class for many years

now ...thanks to PIgeonwatch members totally wasted.........

my daughter went into town today...had 2 glasses of wine at lunchtime and went to John Lewis to buy a new pillow and fell asleep in a chair in the soft funishings dept'..:lol:

9 years a butcher then went to work as a motorcycle courier did 1 year on the road then came into the office as a controller been doing it for 37 years now my life balance is all wrong I work 6 days a week now and it’s mentally hard still it has paid for my house and I have 2 lovely grown up children and I am in good health so life for me is pretty good compared to some 

Edited by nobbyathome

7 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

My sainted mother (77) always says " There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard !"

Similar sentiment. My father used to say " There ain't no pockets in shrouds"

I'm a retired book cooker. Finished nearly 7 yrs ago Now aged 75 yrs. 

I work for the town council cutting grass/hedges/trees in the day, work privately doing hedges and trees in the evenings and weekends. Just quit my Sunday job as 7 days a week for the last few years nearly killed me. 

Do I take the plunge and go self employed.... Would only have to work 5 days a week then, which would be nice

Social worker in a hospital presently, considering the spec, complexity and legal knowledge required it’s hugely underpaid but oh well. Good benefits of working for the council, security etc. 

Lots of the people seem to be off sick very frequently whilst I then work harder to do my work and then theirs. 

We joke that if you do a good job you don’t get rewarded, you get someone else’s job to do as well. I say joke but it’s true. 

On the upside the council are paying for me to go back to university soon to do advanced training in mental health so I can become an AMHP. 6 months away and hopefully open up a few more doors. 

30 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Lots of the people seem to be off sick very frequently whilst I then work harder to do my work and then theirs. 

We joke that if you do a good job you don’t get rewarded, you get someone else’s job to do as well. I say joke but it’s true. 

We must work for the same council then 😕

5 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

We must work for the same council then 😕

I told them it’ll come back to bite them. 

A bit of a generalisation but I’ve seen this happen in a few sectors of the council. They don’t do anything about the people who take the P, the people who have to do all the work get fed up and because they work hard move on to other things. 

The teams get left with staff who don’t want to be there, are always off sick or aren’t that good/bothered if they do a good job. 

Perhaps one of the reasons why they have to change all the teams around every few years. 

Small bodyshop owner for the last 25 years, its what I've always done since leaving school at 15, 36 years ago. 

I've worked for others for a while when I first started, and spent 6 years running a large garage/bodyshop/car sales for someone else, but I like to do my own thing, my way. 

Not what I set out to do, I wanted to be a scientist! But circumstances forced me to start earning at an early age. 

Might be able to afford retirement when I'm around 80, if I last that long 😁