Waterproofs

shaun67

1 hour ago, washerboy said:

Waxed cotton from ebay 

I've snagged expensive over trousers and destroyed them, so I just buy a cheap barbour copy and had a pair maybe 15 years. 

Yep me  also.  Stud on leggings which I only put on when faced with really wet conditions or a field of sprouts or kale.

Blackpowder

3 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Don’t try the seeland Crieff treggings...

I've not been impressed with my purchases from seeland either bought the full kraft force trousers and jacket last season had nothing but hassle with the trousers. Came apart at the stitching around the crouch area sent back to seeland new pair arrived two weeks later same thing happened again in the same area. Just had them re stitched & re inforced at a local alternation shop hopefully they might last longer then a few Saturdays this season 

I got some army surplus bib and brace over trousers from a stall in the market. I think they are goretex ones and they take a battering during the season. Not let me down yet and still holding together wear wise. Hopefully a place near you that sells similar. 

Bought a pair of these from the Game Fair last summer.

https://www.fortisclothing.co.uk/shop/padded-waterproof-falkland-trousers/

They were made to measure and seem very durable. Cost me £150.

I have not had these long enough so far to pass judgement  but I do have one of the same companies vests which is 8yrs old and is still like new after lots of use.

Rich

15 hours ago, adzyvilla said:

I got some army surplus bib and brace over trousers from a stall in the market. I think they are goretex ones and they take a battering during the season. Not let me down yet and still holding together wear wise. Hopefully a place near you that sells similar. 

I have the German Army Olive Green version, very good, only seen one other person wearing them when shooting and she was ex service too!