New liscence

I've received my liscence from NE, I can shoot jackdaw magpies feral pidgeon rooks,do I have to apply for another liscence to shoot wood pidgeon and crows,I did put crows on my original application 

Edited by ladyjack
Spelling

No, because they are covered by the newly issued GL's.

The covering letter that accompanied your individual license should say "Where your licence doesn’t cover all of the species that you applied for this is because Natural England will have already issued a General Licence covering that species.  A combination of the general licence and this specific licence allows you to carry out actions covered by your application. The general licences that have been developed can be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/general-licences-for-wildlife-management"

That depends on why you are shooting them, the new GL for crows only covers shooting them for livestock protection and the new GL for woodpigeons only covers shooting them for crop protection. Best advice I can give would be to look up the new GL have a read and ensure you comply with it.

45 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

No, because they are covered by the newly issued GL's.

The covering letter that accompanied your individual license should say "Where your licence doesn’t cover all of the species that you applied for this is because Natural England will have already issued a General Licence covering that species.  A combination of the general licence and this specific licence allows you to carry out actions covered by your application. The general licences that have been developed can be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/general-licences-for-wildlife-management"

Thanks Charlie t,so I take it I have to phone NE and quote my liscence number,and ask for gl 26 and gl 31,PS there is no covering letter stating where my liscence doesn't cover all of species applied for

Edited by ladyjack
Spelling

If you want to control crows for livestock protection or control woodpigeons for crop protection you don't need to apply for anything. All you need to do is comply with the new GL issued for both these species. If however you wish to shoot them for any other reason then you will need to apply for an individual licence.

2 hours ago, toontastic said:

If you want to control crows for livestock protection or control woodpigeons for crop protection you don't need to apply for anything. All you need to do is comply with the new GL issued for both these species. If however you wish to shoot them for any other reason then you will need to apply for an individual licence.

Toontastic,this is what it says on my liscence, on reviewing your application, NE considers that the liscence purpose of serious damage to livestock, there foodstuffs, crops, vegetables, fruit, growing timber, fisheries or inland waters is more appropriate to the problems you have described, a liscence has therefore been issued for that purpose and for the species in your original application which can be covered by that purpose, if you still require a liscence for other purposes or species, contact NE, do you think I should apply for other liscence,or not, your advice much appreciated 

If you are shooting woodpigeons for crop protection or crows for livestock protection there is no need to apply for any licence as the new GL covers it.

If you wish to shoot crows or woodpigeons for any other reason then you would need to apply for an individual licence.

46 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

When did you apply? I've heard nothing since the 13th May regarding the crop and feed protection. I have crop fields getting Hammered by crow and can do nothing. Scare crow and shots to scare are doing. Nothing. Could of counted 500 on one field yesterday morning 

13 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

When did you apply? I've heard nothing since the 13th May regarding the crop and feed protection. I have crop fields getting Hammered by crow and can do nothing. Scare crow and shots to scare are doing. Nothing. Could of counted 500 on one field yesterday morning 

I applied 6th may,got liscence 5th june

38 minutes ago, ladyjack said:

Well I've just printed GL34 and GL36,loaded up my shooting wagon and on my way to farm,to shoot some of the thousands of corvids,that's been left to flourish over the last couple of months, HAPPY DAYS 

Yeah all back to normal, I was hoping to get out today, just walked my dog and my hayfeaver has blown my face for 6.. Not had an issue yet this year. But today its made my face look like a puffer fish 

Have to confess that I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet at the moment and consequently was tempted to pull rank as it were and to move this thread to the vermin control section, but thought better of it.

However, a timely reminder why we're doing this and on what grounds before we start up again may be worth a mention.