Anschutz 1415-1416

PotHunter96

Bought a nice Anschutz 1415-1416 in .22lr the other day and have been doing a bit of research and have found out some of them were made by savage and marketed as Anschutz, it doesn’t say savage anywhere on the action was just wondering if anyone can clarify? Also can only fit 4 in what I thought was a 5 shot magazine, thanks 😁

I have the 1417

the mags are tight to get that last round in same with the 10 round ones. having got used to the 2 x 10 shot i think the 5 round mags would be too small for me in rabbits.

There is a "fix" on you tube for fettling the mags

coming from fac air Its an awesome rifle having just had the variation about 10 weeks & its a real bunny basher, getting much use since the GL cock-up

Edited by Capt Christopher Jones

Yeah there really nice rifles I’m chuffed to bits with it, yeah I was thinking of ordering a 10 rounder but then I saw the price 😂 maybe in a few weeks, I’m looking forward to getting out and trying it on the bunnies 

and I’ll have to have a look for that video 😁

Mine likes RWS HP & found that Norma HP are made by RWS & infact have the RWS logo on the case, and 10% cheaper. I havnt tried them but have some on order 

https://www.norma-ammunition.com/en/Our-Products/rimfire/.22lr/norma-subsonic-22/

The RWS HP were also the quietest round as well as most accurate.

i tried all subsonic  RWS - CCS - Eley - Winchester were very noisy

Im zerod @ 50m

Edited by Capt Christopher Jones

I need to try a few different ones out see which mine likes, I’ve not bought a moderator yet do you know of any over the barrel designs other than the wildcat as the barrels a fair length and I think a reflex type would be better to cut down the length a bit 

Im on my third annie 1416/17 having sold them for one reason or another over the years ,  i find the five round mags perfect as they fit flush to the gun , i just carry extra mags father than the ten round which from memory only takes nine really

why not get the barrel chopped then you wouldnt need an overbarrel mod plus it makes it easier to handle , however if you do want overbarrel contact DM80 (dave mercer)  who makes cracking moderators , also he could chop your barrel

if i were you i would go for the hmr annie  with 18” barrel , or at least thats what i would go for if i had the chance again

Your not to far from Brock and Norris at Buxton get Mike to chop and thread the barrel then fit A TEC or SAK mod.

i got my cz 452 cut to14 inch’s made it a much better rifle to handle. 

Edited by Old melv
Miss spelled

He did have a nice Annie hmr in went I went to get this but wallet wouldn’t allow it, i was advised against chopping this one as something about it having a slight choke in the end of the barrel and might affect the accuracy? But do prefer them on the short side 

I bought my 1416 with a 20” barrel and had it cut to 16” because i always wanted an annie with a 16” barrel , accuracy wise i was shooting rabbits yesterday out to 120 yds , all headshot with no problems what so ever and have never had any bother with since i got it done about four years ago