Scotland V England (women)

ditchman

well stone the crows.............i thought i would tune in to watch a bit of footy.............as the cameras were there panning across the faces of the players singing the national anthems..............they started with England...............bloody nora....................all i can say is "thank god for make up"...only one had gone to the trouble of putting on false eyelashes and a bit of lippy...and she looked very nice to...........the rest should have had an early red card

then ....Scotlands turn..............jesus christ ...i had to hide behind the damn sofa..........HD tv does have its uses  ...but i mean to say......instead of giving them football boots they would look more at home wearing and carrying a kilt and a bloody 2 handed broadsword....................these girls (and i use the term loosely)....made Vinni Jones look like a bleedin fairy 

be interesting to see how the game pans out

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

well stone the crows.............i thought i would tune in to watch a bit of footy.............as the cameras were there panning across the faces of the players singing the national anthems..............they started with England...............bloody nora....................all i can say is "thank god for make up"...only one had gone to the trouble of putting on false eyelashes and a bit of lippy...and she looked very nice to...........the rest should have had an early red card

then ....Scotlands turn..............jesus christ ...i had to hide behind the damn sofa..........HD tv does have its uses  ...but i mean to say......instead of giving them football boots they would look more at home wearing and carrying a kilt and a bloody 2 handed broadsword....................these girls (and i use the term loosely)....made Vinni Jones look like a bleedin fairy 

be interesting to see how the game pans out

VAR penalty was interesting..

24 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Some bloody good football and commitment. None of the rolling around of the men’s game either. Love it.

4 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

I’m really impressed with the game. It’s more entertaining football than I’ve seen the men’s team play for years. I think these ladies would give the blokes a run for their money. 

Much better than the dross the men came up with earlier. Commitment, attacking, the men could learn a lot.

Great win. I'm not a fan of Parris. She's so skilful, and a brilliant player, but her attitude is too similar to much of what we hate in men's football. She does go over too easily, she does dive. and she  could probably do with passing a bit more and not moaning at the ref.

Other than that, great game. White led the line brilliantly as usual and Scott bossed the midfield. But scotland looked bright, so 2-1 was fair. I just hope Bright's not badly injured

5 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Some bloody good football and commitment. None of the rolling around of the men’s game either. Love it.

👆👆 

I caught the last 15 mins, looked a good game, seemed like they wanted to play, unlike the blokes who want to be on a beach.

Also saw highlights yesterday of Under 20s Rugby, that was very good watching.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mice! said:

quite enjoying this game Norway vs Australia,  seen bits and pieces of different games and there has been some good stuff and great skill, they just to be getting on with it.

I felt a bit sorry for the Aussies. That was no red card. Yes, it was a foul and yes it was deliberate, but there's no way in a month of Sundays that she was ever catching up to the ball before the keeper got it.

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Think the VAR has made it a little bit annoying at times. But yes it's a good watch. 

I can't see the logic in checking the goalkeeper's on the line for a mid-game pen, but not during the shootout. It makes a mockery of the rule and makes me feel even more sorry for the Scots. Either you have the rule and enforce it, or don't bother with it at all, but don't pick and choose when goal keepers have to abide by it