NE land grab?

It occurred to me that the recent problems shooting is having with NE and NRW arbitrarily changing the rules on, for example the GL, Wildfowling consents etc, may have something to do with the UK leaving the EU?.....I understand a lot of the present rules NE/NRW enforce/regulate are in line with EU directives, which it seems fair to conclude, will be unneccesary/obsolete when we leave the EU....so are NE and NRW trying to use the present rules as a benchmark to impose more restrictive rules, rather than negotiate new rules when they cannot use EU directives as an excuse?

Edited by panoma1

From what I've read in the press I do not think we can conclude that a lot of EU Directives will be unnecessary / obsolete when we leave the EU. All existing Directives have the force of secondary legislation and those which exist will, post Brexit, be consolidated into UK law by some sort of Act of Consolidation.

The only good thing about it, is we will not be getting any other rules and laws from the unelected, mostly failed politicians.  If our government decide on something at least we can vote against it.  I do not however, see many if any of the laws and regulations being withdrawn..

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

From what I've read in the press I do not think we can conclude that a lot of EU Directives will be unnecessary / obsolete when we leave the EU. All existing Directives have the force of secondary legislation and those which exist will, post Brexit, be consolidated into UK law by some sort of Act of Consolidation.

Forgive me but.........Is not one of the primary reasons for leaving the EU to enable the UK to recover its sovereignty? How does following/complying with All EU legislation and EU directives, post Brexit, restore the sovereignty of the UK...........if the UK doesn't  wish to follow them?..... There are many EU directives that the UK, as EU members, has been forced to follow.....when we are free of them, do you suppose we will still follow them?

It seemed to me that the point you were making (a good one I might add) was about ridding ourselves of something that exists and not of ridding ourselves of what Could come post Brexit.

My simplistic understanding is that in the UK, having been a member of the EU for a very long time, then very much of what we do is controlled by EU Directives, Commision &/or Council Regulations. It is intertwined into our daily lives. Rather than try and unpick all that has gone before, before departure date,  it would be retained in UK law by consolidation and sorted in a transition period post Brexit. And so, it follows that the effect of consolidation does mean that we will in practice be following for some time what has gone before. Sadly.........

As to the future, Brexit was for many intended to break free of the EU and regain control of our Sovereignty. However, the "deal" struck by the worst PM in history means that, if approved by Parliament, many  EU institutions would continue to control of our destiny. This is one of the many reasons it has been voted down and why Rees-Mogg and others say to vote for it would make us a Vassal State with no say over such matters which would control us.

Perhaps a new PM will sort it all out........... But I'm not holding by breath.